shaness8 Member 89 Member For: 17y 1m 29d Gender: Male Posted 24/06/18 03:42 AM Posted 24/06/18 03:42 AM Just had a Xforce 3.5" exhaust fitted on Friday so far I'm not happy its too loud for me, from idle to 2k has a deep note which resonates through the car which I dont like. I did some research before and most guys saying that's its a quiet system, can u change the mufflers for some bigger units, or will it quieten down after a few weeks.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 24/06/18 04:29 AM Posted 24/06/18 04:29 AM Website suggests only one option. No quiet option. 2 mufflers on Xforce.? Nizpro FG has 3 for a reason..... I Havnt read it, have a read. http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/83249-x-force-or-nizpro-exhaust-plz-help/?page=1
shaness8 Member 89 Member For: 17y 1m 29d Gender: Male Posted 24/06/18 07:24 AM Author Posted 24/06/18 07:24 AM 2 mufflers on the xforce, Nizzy 3rd muffler is tiny wouldn't do much. From what I've heard on youtube clips my sounds the same,
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/06/18 08:37 AM Posted 29/06/18 08:37 AM your just not used to it. I have the xforce 4inch for years dont even notice it. not loud at all unless your ears are very sensitive to noise? or your soft hhaahha. nizz doesnt have 3 mufflers. its twin cat then 2 mufflers.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/06/18 12:13 PM Posted 29/06/18 12:13 PM (edited) FG nizpro has 3 mufflers. Actually its 2 and a resonator. And we all know a resonator removes the drone. So it makes a big difference. Freaky, I thought you would know this being a Nizpro man. Disappointed. Edited 29/06/18 12:18 PM by arronm 1
shaness8 Member 89 Member For: 17y 1m 29d Gender: Male Posted 29/06/18 02:30 PM Author Posted 29/06/18 02:30 PM 5 hours ago, Ford Freak said: your just not used to it. I have the xforce 4inch for years dont even notice it. not loud at all unless your ears are very sensitive to noise? or your soft hhaahha. nizz doesnt have 3 mufflers. its twin cat then 2 mufflers. yeah your right, I cant handle the drone, going back to stock system. The Venom twin is much quieter apparently.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/06/18 02:39 PM Posted 29/06/18 02:39 PM (edited) Maybe you need this. Has Varex, so it can be quiet.. Or maybe Xforce has a 3.5 inch Varex muffler you can install. http://www.xforce.com.au/xforce-products/full-exhaust-system-for-a-fpv-fg-f6-sedan-2008-to-onward-with-a-4-inchdump-cat-split-to-dual-2-1-2-inch-varex-centre-&-dual-2-1-2-inchrear-mufflers-409-stainless/productnr-E4-FG23VMK-TBS/cid-1063040062/vid- Edited 29/06/18 02:47 PM by arronm
Gabbo_32 Member 69 Member For: 12y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne, Victoria Posted 29/06/18 11:40 PM Posted 29/06/18 11:40 PM 9 hours ago, shaness8 said: yeah your right, I cant handle the drone, going back to stock system. The Venom twin is much quieter apparently. There is a venom s/s twin system catback on gumtree at the moment. Romulus from AFF is selling it off his g6e.
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/06/18 01:11 AM Posted 30/06/18 01:11 AM gee your soft shane. aaronm since when did the nizz system have the extra muffler? looks like its been cut and welded into the normal system.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/06/18 02:12 AM Posted 30/06/18 02:12 AM Not sure. I have 2 x BA BF system, they dont have the resonator. Maybe the one I showed was an early prototype. I think most FG had 3 . Search google plenty of images. It was installed to reduce the drone.. FG. https://www.independentmotorsports.com.au/blog/latest-news-ims/daniels-g6e-turbo-build/
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now