S1000rr New Member 8 Member For: 8y 11m 3d Posted 08/12/17 02:53 AM Posted 08/12/17 02:53 AM Hi guys. my fg xr6t is doing a few weird things. on a hot day I can’t read the lcd dash in the middle of the dashboard until about 15 minutes of driving with the air con on when it cools down ? The traction control yellow lines on the dash sometimes flash when I’m going around a corner at maybe over 60 kph. when this happens I feel a vibration that seems to be coming from the front wheels. I am not on the gas at the time, maybe light braking. The car is throwing no codes. also since running 15psi whenever I floor it the rear wheels seem to leave these thick black lines on the road ?. thank u for your help
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,113 Member For: 18y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/12/17 03:01 AM Posted 08/12/17 03:01 AM well, the last one is completely normal for a powerful car haha pics of unreadable dash? DSC is what your car has. Dynamic Stability Control. The system is sensing your car is about to slide or has a lack of traction. The vibration is probably DSC applying the brakes to the specific wheel that needs it. You may need to clean the ABS sensors if the car is not operating correctly.
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 7d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 08/12/17 03:15 AM Posted 08/12/17 03:15 AM I've only had the screen go blank on me a couple of times (hot days) If you turn the car off and lock it, then turn it back on is the screen still off? Have you got the same size/profile/width tyres on all wheels?
S1000rr New Member 8 Member For: 8y 11m 3d Posted 08/12/17 03:29 AM Author Posted 08/12/17 03:29 AM I haven’t tried turning on and off but I will try tomorrow. all tyres are the same but I did get new rear tyres a few days ago on the rear
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 7d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 08/12/17 03:47 AM Posted 08/12/17 03:47 AM Was the issue happening before the new tyres?
S1000rr New Member 8 Member For: 8y 11m 3d Posted 08/12/17 03:49 AM Author Posted 08/12/17 03:49 AM Don’t think so
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 7d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 08/12/17 04:06 AM Posted 08/12/17 04:06 AM Check the profiles to make sure they're the same Swap front and rear to see if the issue is still there Check your pressures Can't recall, but seem to remember years ago someone having a similar issue where the new tyres has just enough of a different profile or something to confuse the computer. edit: found one of the discussions
S1000rr New Member 8 Member For: 8y 11m 3d Posted 08/12/17 07:37 PM Author Posted 08/12/17 07:37 PM Thx guys, hopefully it’s just the new tyres that’s causing it and maybe over time the computer will adjust itself. It seems like the dash problem is a common thing and there’s not much I can do about it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now