TonezXR6T Italian Stig!! Legacy Donating Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 4d Gender: Male Posted 08/06/11 11:33 AM Posted 08/06/11 11:33 AM Since I got my baby I use Castrol sports edge 10w60 I find runs really good cant complain
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/06/11 12:01 AM Posted 09/06/11 12:01 AM 60 is too thick for general street use.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 15d Gender: Male Posted 09/06/11 02:42 AM Posted 09/06/11 02:42 AM (edited) I rang castrol about what power level needs the 10w60 instead of 0w40 and they said unless u take the car to the track or drive like a loose cannon for extended periods of time on the street to stick with the 0w40.There must be a reason they changed there recommendation for the f6s from 10w60 to 0w40. Edited 09/06/11 02:43 AM by JC807
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/06/11 03:19 AM Posted 09/06/11 03:19 AM (edited) 10w30 is recommended by Ford for these engines in NA form.Once you add a turbo and some boost oil temp will be a little higher, that's why ford recommends a w40 oil and you should stick with it.If you do anything that will cause oil to be heated any further like track work, serious hill climbs, heavy towing you can maybe go up to w50, w60 would only be for extreme situations.Remember that ford built an engine oil temperature warning light in to these things and only few have ever seen the thing come on so they can't be getting that hot to require a w60 oil. Edited 09/06/11 03:20 AM by dule 1
TonezXR6T Italian Stig!! Legacy Donating Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 4d Gender: Male Posted 09/06/11 04:09 AM Posted 09/06/11 04:09 AM I spoke to Danny at Springy Performance Castrol edge sport 10w60 is fine to use and new formula as well no troubles at all :)that's what Ford recommended too. Even got oil gauge showing fine even I'm putting my foot down.
scottay Member 366 Member For: 16y 5m 7d Posted 09/06/11 05:34 AM Posted 09/06/11 05:34 AM I uswed to run nulon 10w40, now car has 335rwkw edge 10w60
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 09/06/11 06:27 AM Posted 09/06/11 06:27 AM (edited) 10w 60 edge for me too. wouldn't put anything else in it because sometimes I do drive like a loose cannonIf ford changed to 0w40 then this would only apply to stock cars. Also, probably only did that to save money. Edited 09/06/11 06:30 AM by Paulie2256
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Gender: Male Posted 09/06/11 07:08 AM Posted 09/06/11 07:08 AM man I have read this thread 3 times now, and still does my head in. will just stick with nulon 10/40. 1
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 15d Gender: Male Posted 09/06/11 08:12 AM Posted 09/06/11 08:12 AM If ford changed to 0w40 then this would only apply to stock cars. Also, probably only did that to save money.its castrol who has changed their recommendation. even nulon now recommend 0w40.
chippa Slippery when dry Legacy Donating Member 368 Member For: 19y 2m 19d Gender: Male Location: Foot Hills W.A Posted 09/06/11 09:09 AM Posted 09/06/11 09:09 AM (edited) That really sh*ts me because I sent an email to Nulon a while ago asking them for there advice with the extra power that I was running and they recommended the 15w50 which I have been running for the last 25k (just serviced it @55k with 15w50 again,do it every 5k).I'm really over this subject how can Ford and other oils say run a 15w40 and others say a 0w40 for the same motor???My way of thinking was with the extra power going up to the 50 wouldnt be such a stretch with the extra boost etc...I just think that I will give the 0w40 a go on the next change to see what it is like....very confused I'm going outside to have a beer and talk to my dog about it....haha Edited 09/06/11 09:10 AM by chippa
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now