Recommend a garage jack

sixman

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 5d

So, my old jack is starting to show its age. Time for a new trolley jack for the falcon and focus.

Any suggestions? So many cheap options, which worries me about quality.

Teaching the young felllas these days so safety is priority, need some stands and wheel locks as well.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 17d

yep, I have the same one when it was a "costco" special thing many years ago and a guy on efail bought heaps of them and sold them at a great price.

fantastic jack :)

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 5d

The safety thing is only partly true too - you should assume the jack is going to fail. I've got a steel Torin low profile that was only $170ish from Sydney tools. Super stable and big range of movement for the handle, but weighs an absolute ton.

• Member For: 10y 20d
4 hours ago, eff xr6t said:

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/Arcan-Low-Profile-Hydraulic-Aluminum-Race-Car-Trolley-Jack-1-8T-1800KG-Dual-PumP/1140692896

One of these super light double pump so jacks up super quick and cheap. Had one for 4 years best jack I've used for cars.

I've got the same Arcan jack - from Costco. They still sell them for around $170 I think, and occasionally have them on special for less. It's a great jack, and good value for money. Do you know anyone with a Costco membership?