SHMIKO_S14A New Member 22 Member For: 9y 2m 27d Posted 03/08/17 11:27 AM Posted 03/08/17 11:27 AM Hi guys, So I reconnected my factory boost control solenoid today because it was disconnected/bypassed due to the tuner deciding to run a hose directly between the compressor housing and the wastegate actuator. To do this I had to remove the battery in order to get to it. After everything was back together I started the car up and it wasnt idling smoothly, then the car started idling at about 2000 - 2500rpm before almost stalling. I took the car for a drive and it was going ok once it was under load. I brought it back home and let it cool down for a couple of hours, then started it again and the car felt like it was running on three cylinders, super rough idle and the engine check light came on. Any ideas on what this could be? 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 03/08/17 11:34 AM Posted 03/08/17 11:34 AM A vacuum leak? Did you try swapping it back and seeing if it went back to normal?
El Andrew Legacy Donating Member 2,040 Member For: 11y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Canberra ACT Posted 03/08/17 12:59 PM Posted 03/08/17 12:59 PM Have you got something to pull the error codes for the Check Engine Light?
SHMIKO_S14A New Member 22 Member For: 9y 2m 27d Posted 04/08/17 02:32 AM Author Posted 04/08/17 02:32 AM The car is running normally again now, the only other thing I touched when I was working on the car was the plug for the throttle body motor. I unplugged it, cleaned it out and plugged it back in and seems to have sorted it. At least temporarily anyway. I did a small amount of degreasing aswell so maybe some degreaser got into something and dried out. Cheers guys.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now