cheese Member 51 Member For: 23y 4m 1d Posted 22/02/04 01:09 AM Posted 22/02/04 01:09 AM My air conditioning doesn't work as well as in my 1994 ED.Does anybody have similar experience to me?I have to leave the control on MAX all the time, to get some relief from the Sydney heat. I run the system in recirculated air mode and the fan on past half way.With the control off MAX there is nearly nil cooling.My old car used to cool the car quickly but in the new XR6 I'm sweating.Is there any way that I can get some better relief? Could the controls need attention or thermostat altered. I wouldn't want to be driving in the outback. I intend to go to the dealer but if I could get some feedback first it would be appreciated.
SILXR8 Member 75 Member For: 23y 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/02/04 01:46 AM Posted 22/02/04 01:46 AM In my BA XR8 air cond is great, I'm also in Sydney. Use Max for about 10 mins then fresh at 50 % works great
loop Member 49 Member For: 22y 10m 24d Location: North Central Victoria Posted 22/02/04 02:33 AM Posted 22/02/04 02:33 AM If I run mine on max for too long I get frost bite. :cold: Its back to the dealership for you ....
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 22/02/04 03:18 AM Posted 22/02/04 03:18 AM If I run mine on max for too long I get frost bite. :cold: Its back to the dealership for you .... What he said.Geea.
Zeke zeke Member 792 Member For: 23y 3m 15d Location: Adelaide Posted 22/02/04 04:42 AM Posted 22/02/04 04:42 AM Something's definitely wrong with your a/c. Both Mrs Z' and my car have the BEST performing a/c I have ever come across, bar none. You should be able to make your passengers shiver when it's 40 outside!Cheerszeke
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 22/02/04 05:32 AM Posted 22/02/04 05:32 AM Our ED futura a/c was crap compared to the BA, Even the AU is crap to the BA.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 22/02/04 05:38 AM Posted 22/02/04 05:38 AM the T works fine in Brissy, despite the heat.Scotty
Guest Scootre Guests Posted 22/02/04 05:43 AM Posted 22/02/04 05:43 AM If I run mine on max for too long I get frost bite. :cold: Its back to the dealership for you ....What he said.Geea. What they both said.Only issue I do have is that turning it off for a while then turning it on gives out a bit of a smell - as though the gremlins inside the vents are letting rip..
Cobra potty trained Legacy Donating Member 1,938 Member For: 23y 5m 11d Gender: Male Posted 22/02/04 05:47 AM Posted 22/02/04 05:47 AM Air Conditioning, How does yours workit works when I turn it on :lol: seems better than previous Aussie Fords .... on cold/fan at 30%/straight into the face ... with the windows down
NYOPA Team Blueprint Legacy Donating Member 312 Member For: 22y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/02/04 09:20 AM Posted 22/02/04 09:20 AM I agree with Zeke... best I have ever had!It bloody feezeing within a k or so..... cant stand it on max.. even in Sydney heat. turns everything bluemy 2 cents worth
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now