courtjesterau New Member 19 Member For: 10y 1m 20d Posted 11/08/16 07:12 AM Posted 11/08/16 07:12 AM I bought some injectors from a seller on ebay, they were advertised as "genuine bosch" with a pic of the injector on a BOSCH box. What I was sent was some injectors from"raceworks" the seller is saying these are BOSCH injectors -- which they may be or they could be a cheap knock off copy I dont know I am planning on sending them back to him as it was clearly a bait and switch Is there a way to tell, has anyone used or heard of "raceworks" gear before as a search seems to indicate it is reletivly unknown. They were advertised as 980cc @ 3bar 1050cc @ 4 bar or am I worried over nothing and these are a good reputable injector?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 11/08/16 07:25 AM Posted 11/08/16 07:25 AM Pics? Bosch injectors don't come in retail packaging so quite likely they would be reboxed. http://www.raceworks.com.au/fuel/injectors/bosch-2200cc-short-denso-plug-injector/ "Bosch" Injectors covers a fairly broad spectrum. Bit like saying "Ford" Car. Ford make plenty of cars but some are better than others. 1
courtjesterau New Member 19 Member For: 10y 1m 20d Posted 11/08/16 07:42 AM Author Posted 11/08/16 07:42 AM 12 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said: Pics? Bosch injectors don't come in retail packaging so quite likely they would be reboxed. http://www.raceworks.com.au/fuel/injectors/bosch-2200cc-short-denso-plug-injector/ "Bosch" Injectors covers a fairly broad spectrum. Bit like saying "Ford" Car. Ford make plenty of cars but some are better than others. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151333893801&ssPageName=ADME:X:RRNTB:AU:3160#ht_4223wt_1271 the above links is what I ordered part number INJ-213 from raceworks it is a bosch ev14 980cc injector. this is the raceworks link http://www.raceworks.com.au/fuel/injectors/bosch-1150cc-4-bar-3-4-length-injector/ ive never heard of raceworks
Ale Member 249 Member For: 15y 1m 6d Posted 11/08/16 09:23 AM Posted 11/08/16 09:23 AM (edited) Ive been messaging the same seller about those exact injectors! (not for my falcon but a different car) I specifically asked if they where genuine Bosch injectors, he said yes. The seller lists "Raceworks" as a supplier, maybe Raceworks are kinda like another version of Injector dynamics and test and flow the individual units to ensure they are sold in batches of similair flow? doesn't say so though..... Such a mine field!! Edited 11/08/16 09:28 AM by Ale
eff xr6t Member 569 Member For: 13y 1d Posted 11/08/16 09:30 AM Posted 11/08/16 09:30 AM They are injectors straight from Bosch that will have a raceworks box. The same injectors that are sold everywhere as Bosch "ID1000" when they are just a Bosch 980 and not from injector dynamics at all. 1
richardh6236 New Member 1 Member For: 12y 9d Posted 11/08/16 10:54 AM Posted 11/08/16 10:54 AM (edited) I had the same thing advertised as bosch. I have used the racework boxed ones and they are fine. Using e85. Edited 11/08/16 10:55 AM by richardh6236 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now