Air conditioning intermittent problem

boost69

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 8d

FORCEDG6E, it didn't even need a thump...I just gave it a tap and on it went...thanks buddy...your advice was spot on...

I had mentioned the intermittent problem with the blower fan to Ford service when I took the car in just before my MyFord extended warranty expired, and as per usual they did nothing about it...

You guys reckon I should get in touch with them and see if I can get the blower fan replaced under warranty?...Or am I most likely wasting my time...

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 3d

Just drive on rough roads so it never seizes again.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 8d

Guys,

I finally got around to pulling out the blower fan, and the connector had fused onto the blower fan socket...it was all black etc...

I had mentioned the intermittent air con problem to Ford back in November, but as usual they didn't do anything about it.

I just rung them now, and even though they had a record of me complaining about the blower fan not working intermittently, they pretty much said there's not much they could do...

My extended warranty finished in January, and I had complained about the air con in November...(while the car was still under extended warranty), but they obviously didn't look at the problem, otherwise they would've seen the fused connected to the blower fan.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with the FG?...is it the actual motor that is shorting? Or is it a problem with the connector?