Blow Off Valve Help

XR6T_someday

• Member For: 20y 8m 22d
you need to put it on the hose that comes off thi throttle body end and block off the air filter end

????? I installed it on the end closest to the firewall. (The shorter pipe). Not the pipe that goes under the intake. Which I thought was the return pipe. Is this the correct one?? :unsure: Maybe a pic if someone has one.

This pic may help.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 5m 25d

I can just picture you Basher doing runs along the strand on a sunday afternoon. I grew up there and remember the thngs we used to get up to. Mind you it was the big rock wall then.

BOV as such arnt illegal but the sound they create makes is an offence. If you drive around normally then it wont whistle. Depends how you have it set up. However if you give your car a kick in the guts through the centre of town and the whistle echos off every building and scares pedestrians than the noise is undue.

Offence is create undue noise in QLD. $225 and two points. Same offence for burnouts etc.

BASHER if you see a blue NA xr6 in town in two weekends time give us a wave. A mate and I are playing up for the weekend.

Guest Basher_tsv
  • Guests

"runs along the strand" - not me :unsure: The occasional cruise yes but I am not a young hoon scaring pants off grandmas. I chose the stealth fx so I can turn it off and finely adjust the level of noise - just a gentle woosh so I remember what I am driving ... barely ever hear it unless I leave the lights in a real hurry to get home for Home and Away :)

The cops have a lot of other noiser vehicles to chase before they can pick on me ... I should install some harley bike mufflers :unsure:

B

• fordxr5turbodotcom
  • Member For: 20y 6m 17d

/me raises the newbie flag... again

Do BOVs provide anything other than a nice sound? Any performance gains etc?

What's the dealio realio? :kissmy:

Guest cul08r
  • Guests

External BOVs (good qual ones) allow the air to vent to atmosphere quicker than internally venting ones, therefore allowing the turbo to spool up pressure quicker and get on boost harder in the next gear. That's the theory, anyway. Most people just have them for the rice sound. I don't mind it, just not in suburbia.

Andrew

/me raises the newbie flag... again

Do BOVs provide anything other than a nice sound? Any performance gains etc?

What's the dealio realio? :kissmy:

BOV's relieve boost pressure between the throttle body and the turbo. Doing this stops this back pressure from slowing turbo rotation speed and therefore reduces lag between gear changes.

External BOVs (good qual ones) allow the air to vent to atmosphere quicker than internally venting ones, therefore allowing the turbo to spool up pressure quicker and get on boost harder in the next gear. That's the theory, anyway. Most people just have them for the rice sound. I don't mind it, just not in suburbia.

Andrew

sorry about the repeat explanation cul08r is a faster typer.

• Member For: 21y 5m 8d
you need to put it on the hose that comes off thi throttle body end and block off the air filter end

????? I installed it on the end closest to the firewall. (The shorter pipe). Not the pipe that goes under the intake. Which I thought was the return pipe. Is this the correct one?? :kissmy: Maybe a pic if someone has one.

This pic may help.

Why did you put the blow off valve there?? I put the blow off valve inplace of the old one on the other side of the pipes.

????? I installed it on the end closest to the firewall. (The shorter pipe). Not the pipe that goes under the intake. Which I thought was the return pipe. Is this the correct one?? :kissmy: Maybe a pic if someone has one.

This pic may help.

Why did you put the blow off valve there?? I put the blow off valve inplace of the old one on the other side of the pipes.

Sorry I didn't do this it's just a photo I had. There is more than one place to put them.