Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Riverina NSW
Posted

I have just pulled my motor down, it is a Mk1 G6ET.

Question, is this the stock piston XR6T type piston or F6??? It is a Mahle piston and has ORT-ED which I thought came on the F6...

post-52886-0-55348000-1448709563_thumb.j

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted (edited)

Looks like a stock piston. It has the small flat circle on the top which certainly the Mahle pistons I used in the past did not.

May or may not be accurate :ermm:

Really would need to see it from the other side to tell!

Edited by Ninka
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Riverina NSW
Posted

It should be stock although I have seen ads for F6 short motors with these pistons. Either my car has an F6 bottom or those ads were incorrect.

Not a big deal now though as I will replace rods and pistons with aftermarket.

I have attached a pic of the inside, has Mahle cast on the inside

post-52886-0-66951600-1450264715_thumb.j

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

mahle

$_57.JPG

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Looks like the quality control officer down there at Ford must have been sleeping on the job.

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...