Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 4m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Auckland
Posted

I was at Hampton Downs the other week and found that at high speed - over 170kph, the car starts to shudder severely, the shudder continues till speed has dropped to below 130. It possibly gets slightly more severe if brake are applied but not certain. I know my diff bush is stuffed. The car is an 09 G6Et. Has anyone come across this before? Not sure if it's driveshaft, brakes, wheels or something else.

Thx

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Tailshaft !! Centre bearing most likely

Or even worse a loose wheel

  • Like 1
  • Too heavy needs boost
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 2m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

My diff bushes are average and control are bushes are shot tail shaft takes a caning daily and this morning I hit 200+ and no wobble.

Wheels need balancing maybe?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Haha I love reading how much you flog the piss out of it [emoji106]

Great Job

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I was at Hampton Downs the other week and found that at high speed - over 170kph, the car starts to shudder severely, the shudder continues till speed has dropped to below 130. It possibly gets slightly more severe if brake are applied but not certain. I know my diff bush is stuffed. The car is an 09 G6Et. Has anyone come across this before? Not sure if it's driveshaft, brakes, wheels or something else.

Thx

Under power? Under brakes? Or coasting

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 4m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Auckland
Posted

It happens under power accelerating, then coasting or braking back down till abt 130

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 4m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Auckland
Posted

I might spin it up on a hoist and isolate any drivetrain issue

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Good idea... Just remember te suspension is hanging on a hoist and could hide a driveshaft problem.

Could lower the back control arms down onto jack stands to simulate sitting on the ground and see how you go spinning it up

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Tailshaft !! Centre bearing most likely

Or even worse a loose wheel

this^^^ had nine replaced recently with vibration under load more noticeable up hill so I'd imagine 170 would do it! Check for excessive play.
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I'd suggest tail shaft as well given the speed range.

Increase under braking could be another issue.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...