sonny628 Member 24 Member For: 16y 21d Posted 16/02/15 07:34 AM Posted 16/02/15 07:34 AM Hi guys, I had a problem on my 05 xr6t where it sounded like it was missing, I pulled everything off to check plugs/coils and decided to get new plugs. I bunged everything back together and it runs no worries at all. The only issue I am having now is that my BOV will not activate. My boost gauge is showing 5-6 psi while on full throttle but when I back off I only get compressor surge (not very loud might I add) I pulled everything off again to make sure of everything was on properly and it seemed to be, the only thing I can see that might be causing a slight boost leak is the hose connecting the TB to the crossover pipe looks to have a slight crack in it where the hose clamp may have grabbed it a little but its hard to tell if it is right through or not (its really small). Im so confused as im still getting about the same boost pressure as I was before hand.Any suggestions?
gaz097 Legacy Donating Member 1,752 Member For: 15y 2m 14d Posted 16/02/15 07:52 AM Posted 16/02/15 07:52 AM 2 things. Bov is plumbed up the wrong way. Or u don't have the vaccum port attached to it.
sonny628 Member 24 Member For: 16y 21d Posted 16/02/15 08:15 AM Author Posted 16/02/15 08:15 AM Checked both of those things when I pulled it all off again.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 16/02/15 09:36 AM Posted 16/02/15 09:36 AM got a pic of it fitted?
sonny628 Member 24 Member For: 16y 21d Posted 17/02/15 01:05 AM Author Posted 17/02/15 01:05 AM Ok so I pulled it all apart again today and decided to try a turbosmart Vport that I had lying about, unfortunately it doesn't fit great which is why I wasnt using it to start with (butts up again the firewall a bit).......it works, I had to wind the spring out a bit to get it to work but it works. I had a good look at the Blitz one I took off and it looks like the piston has seized which explains why its not working.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now