Bov Not Activating

sonny628

• Member For: 13y 6m 14d

Hi guys, I had a problem on my 05 xr6t where it sounded like it was missing, I pulled everything off to check plugs/coils and decided to get new plugs. I bunged everything back together and it runs no worries at all. The only issue I am having now is that my BOV will not activate. My boost gauge is showing 5-6 psi while on full throttle but when I back off I only get compressor surge (not very loud might I add) I pulled everything off again to make sure of everything was on properly and it seemed to be, the only thing I can see that might be causing a slight boost leak is the hose connecting the TB to the crossover pipe looks to have a slight crack in it where the hose clamp may have grabbed it a little but its hard to tell if it is right through or not (its really small). Im so confused as im still getting about the same boost pressure as I was before hand.

Any suggestions?

• Member For: 13y 6m 14d

Ok so I pulled it all apart again today and decided to try a turbosmart Vport that I had lying about, unfortunately it doesn't fit great which is why I wasnt using it to start with (butts up again the firewall a bit).......it works, I had to wind the spring out a bit to get it to work but it works. I had a good look at the Blitz one I took off and it looks like the piston has seized which explains why its not working.