Jump to content

sonny628

Member
  • Posts

    24
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sonny628

  1. Cheers for that fellas.
  2. Hi guys, I have recently put a built motor that I bought off a forum member a while ago into my 05 xr6t, everything seems fine with it aside from the oil pressure once it starts heating up, it is still running as a stock motor with the stock tune and injectors ect. At a cold start I will see 60psi and it will slowly make its way down to around 20psi and sometimes a little lower as the temp gauge reads about halfway between a quarter and half. I'm using the same oil as I used before "nulon 10w40 fully synthetic" but I never used my oil pressure gauge then. The question that I have is, 1. Is this a normal oil pressure for an xr6t 2. being the fact that this motor has a forged bottom end, billet oil pump gears ect, do I need to run a higher viscosity oil?
  3. Hi guys, so last night after work I hopped in my car to start it, on first go all I got was a ticking noise from the starter motor. I gave it another shot and the car started no worries, I simply thought that maybe the starter had a but of a fit. This morning I hopped in the car and again, no problems, this afternoon after work however I hopped in and again all I get is ticking from the starter, the thing will not turn over....I tested my battery with a multimeter and the battery (optima yellowtop) was sitting at 12.5v so I put it down to the starter motor having just sh*t itself. Went and bought a new starter motor and changed it (in the parking lot of a town center). I thought for sure it would have sorted it...but no I keep getting a ticking noise. I have checked all fuses relating to the starter, the relays, changed the battery just in case, prodded around the engine bay for something possibly loose but I can't find anything. I am at a loss and my car is just sitting there in a paid parking lot...anyone have any clue where to look next or what could be the problem.
  4. Ok so I pulled it all apart again today and decided to try a turbosmart Vport that I had lying about, unfortunately it doesn't fit great which is why I wasnt using it to start with (butts up again the firewall a bit).......it works, I had to wind the spring out a bit to get it to work but it works. I had a good look at the Blitz one I took off and it looks like the piston has seized which explains why its not working.
  5. Checked both of those things when I pulled it all off again.
  6. Hi guys, I had a problem on my 05 xr6t where it sounded like it was missing, I pulled everything off to check plugs/coils and decided to get new plugs. I bunged everything back together and it runs no worries at all. The only issue I am having now is that my BOV will not activate. My boost gauge is showing 5-6 psi while on full throttle but when I back off I only get compressor surge (not very loud might I add) I pulled everything off again to make sure of everything was on properly and it seemed to be, the only thing I can see that might be causing a slight boost leak is the hose connecting the TB to the crossover pipe looks to have a slight crack in it where the hose clamp may have grabbed it a little but its hard to tell if it is right through or not (its really small). Im so confused as im still getting about the same boost pressure as I was before hand. Any suggestions?
  7. Hey guys. So I was doing the solenid clean today on the BA and I noticed when I pulled the solenoid out that the little cap that goes at the bottom of it is all cracked and broken and basically falling off. What is the purpose of this cap?
  8. Whoa I seem to be getting any from 330-380 k's per tank in my 02 ba XR6T running 305rwkw, dash says it is using 15.6-16.2L/100 I've got 42lb bosch injectors, PW surge and 044 pump. Im also running a C4 which may be the reason why it's chewing the fuel.
  9. 2002 ba xr6t 42lb injectors, stage 1 process west intercooler, 4" dump, xforce dual 2.5", C4 Box, C&V tune. 60ft: 2.106 half track mph: 91.29 mph: 115.03 tyes:Cheap kaiser 245/35r19 @ 35psi ET: 12.429 rwkw : 305rwkw Had tons of wheel spin and couldn't put anything down with T/C off.
  10. So I took her to a guy today to have a look and he said all seems fine, so we decided to throw her on the dyno and this is the result He said she will need a tune as she is running lean AFR was 13.5 from memory (Might have been 12.5 lol) so next step is a tune, just need to decide who to go to.
  11. Found the hose hiding down the back of the engine and hooked it up. No fix. I'm gonna book it in for a mechanic to have a good look at her and see what we can do, hopefully all goes well. In the mean time if anyone has any ideas as to what they think might be let me know cheers
  12. I agree 100% impellor, it is hard not to get down though but I guess it's half the fun of building some kind of monster. P.S My girl? I think you got cut off. So any idea's on that hose anyone?
  13. Thanks impellor, way to make a guy feel good. Well I guess your just telling it how it is. So I suppose I could be in a situation and quite possibly may have to shell out some more dough on a new engine (the misses will hate me, she didn't want me to buy the car in the first place and has already given me the "I told you so" speech. So where will I find this hose that goes to the plug at the back of the rocker cover? I can't seem to find any loose hoses at all.
  14. Ok I called the dealership and they said they won't do anything about it. They stated that I bought the car modified and they stated on my receipt (Which they didn't tell more and I didn't realise) "Car as is" but I also have paperwork that states the car is covered by a 3 month or 5000k warranty......What can I do? The other question is, poking around the engine bay again I noticed this loose end. Is there meant to be a hose or something going to it?
  15. Ok so I fixed the idle issue, turned out to be a vacuum leak under the TB. Sucky thing is that since fixing that I have now run into ANOTHER issue. When I am driving along at cruising speeds 70-100 (never really go anywhere past 100) and I let off the throttle the revs drop a few hundred RPM and the car sounds a little like what a truck does when using the compression brakes, then a few seconds later the revs will jump back up again, once im below 70 all is good. Im actually starting to think that my new problem has got to do with the gearbox (3 speed C4) on my way home I decided to let 1st rev out a little without putting my foot down, when I got off the throttle the revs dropped from just over 3000 rpm to around 1200rpm (normally only drops a few hundred RPM) and when I put my foot back on the accelerator it just revved like it was in neutral so I let it roll and revs gradually gained again as the car slowed down and then it was responsive again. Kinda strange, I tried it again but this time once the revs dropped I put my foot down hard and it picked up and took off. I also noticed that if I shift into second the car throttle is responsive again. I hope I have explained the issue correctly. PLEASE HELP lol. I have contacted the dealership who said they will get back to me this afternoon but failed to do so.
  16. Ok so after having a read through this thread http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56357&st=0&p=855537&hl=occasionally+dying&fromsearch=1#entry855537 I noticed that this guys issues sounded similar to mine and everyone seems to suggest the TPS, I decided to go outside and start my car the pull the TPS switch off and see what happens and well the car climbed in RPM for a second then died and ran rough like it was missing which is exactly what happens occasionally (three times today) My question is that if it is infact the TPS why would it be intemitant? Why wouldn't it happen all the time?. Also is this an expensive fix? I mean im not deffinately putting it down to this but it sounded the exact same. Cheers.
  17. I am starting to think so too. It did it again today. Car had been sitting for a few hours, started it up and it was like it was missing again. I'm also finding.it hard to start in the mornings angle when she does start it.runs a little rough for a sec then sorts itself out. Getting sick of this to be honest
  18. Hmm it had been about a minute since I had given it a bit to when I parked it. Could any of this have to do with the ECU tune at all? As I said, she ran sweet for the first 2 weeks and then this, doesn't happen all the time, only twice the first time it had been parked for around 3 hours. I will try the coils and see if that helps and also thinking of giving the throttle body a good clean just for good measure.
  19. To be honest man im not sure, I bought the car the way it is off a dealer who didn't seem to know a hell of alot about the car. It seemed to be running perfect though when I bought it. One question I do have is, is it really possible to get valve float even on idle? To my understanding your only really gonna get it when giving it. Also when you say "pack my coils" how do you mean? just wrap them? Anyone else have suggestions?
  20. Hmm noise seems to be gone today. Although a new issue arose this afternoon on my way home from work when I got home, well actually it happened around a week ago. So as I said about a week ago I went to start my car, turned the key, car starts and as usual the revs climb to around 2000rpm then drop but this time when they drop the car starts running lumpy as and seems like it's missing, I also notice that the engine light is on, so I shut it down really quick and decide to see if it happens again. This time when I start it the revs climb again then drop and run fine. Honestly I thought nothing of it and figured that maybe the ECU had a hickup. So this afternoon when I got home I hopped out to check if the "grinding" noise had got worse....nothing no noise, the only noise I could hear was coming from the belt and the throttle body. I decided to take her for a run and listen out for it...nothing, starting to think I was just being paranoid. So I decided to give her a kick in the guts, she picked up like always which always makes me smile. Anyway I drive her home and pull up in the driveway, as I stop and start to shift into park it starts spluttering and running like sh*t again like it's missing or pre-igniting. I turned her off straight away again, decided to start her up again and..... runs fine. Any ideas guys? im starting to lose my mind and honestly getting depressed, I feel like I have just bought a problem child. The strange thing is that it's never missed a beat while under throttle (accept for when the pipe popped off). Cheers, any help appreciated.
  21. Hence the reason why I said C4. So anyway I took the car for a drive after disconnecting and reconnecting everything and she seems to be running fine now. The only thing is now there seems to be a noise coming from the head that I didn't notice before (almost sounds like a rotating sort of grinding noise if that makes sense)
  22. Yeah water levels seem fine, im thinking I might go and get a new thermostat anyway. I have gone through every hose I can see so far and still can't find any others that have blown off. It's really starting to frustrate me.
  23. Hi guys. I just recently purchased my first xr6 turbo. Now I have searched this forum to see if I could find my problem but no dice so I thought I would just ask. Ok so it an 02 ba xr6t with a few things done Custom CAI, blow off valve, 3 speed gearbox (they told me powerglide but I think its a c4) and im pretty sure a re-flash. So it's being going great for the past 2 weeks I've owned it but lastnight when I gave her a bit it seemed like there was no boost. The blow off valve normally gives a big pshhh noise when I get off the throttle and now it's a baby pss. I also normally get turbo flutter but now...nothing. So I got home and it seemed like it was overheating abit but my temp guage was reading at halfway. So I left it overnight and checked it out this morning, so the hose that goes from the throttle body to the intake plenum was loose and I noticed that the clamp was actually underneath the hose, I thought "great easy fix" so I popped it back on and tightened it, took it for a quick drive the flutter was back and it felt like I had power again. So I took it home, popped the bonnet to check the hose was fine and then noticed that the hose that goes from the plenum to the turbo was off aswell, so I fixed that and went for a bit of a longer drive this time to somewhere that I could open her up a little, she seemed to be running fine until I decided to give her a little over half throttle and while I was on the throttle the blow off valve goes off, I instantly thought I had blown the hose again because I now had the same issue (I hear the turbo spooling but I feel like I have no boost and the blow off valve barely goes off) I limp it home again, pop the bonnet and again it sound like over heating (Slightly bubbling water) but my temp guage reads fine, I check all my hoses and nothing had popped off, I try tightening them and they are all tight. Any ideas guys? Im a little pissed and very frustrated concidering I have only had the car for 2 weeks. All help is appreciated, cheers. Sonny
×
×
  • Create New...