Standard Ba Xr6 Rotors To 322Mm Rotors. Same Calliper?

Bigfoot

• Member For: 9y 7m 2d

Hi Guys,
This is probably a fairly stupid question but is it the same caliper used on the 298mm rotors and the 322mm ones?
I've read a few of these forums but I'm just after a definitive answer before I commit to anything.
My brakes are on there way out (new rotors and pads are on the cards) and I'm just tossing up whether to go for brand new rotors (probably DBA 4000 from the reviews I've read) and new pads or splurging a bit extra and getting the 322mm mounts and bigger but possibly cheaper rotors like RDA's or something.
Mainly im asking because I've seen that I can buy the support mounts for the caliper and I just want to know if my standard 4 pot calipers will suffice.

Hope some of this makes sense.

Also EBC Greenstuff or Redstuff?
Performance wise the cars stock so I would think (and have been told) the Greenstuff will be fine for daily driving with the occasional spirited drive, but a lot of guys on here seem to go straight for the Redstuff pads so any further advice on that would be mint .

Feel free to abuse for any stupid questions.

• Member For: 12y 4m 15d

Brake pads - good info all over the forum..... However, be honest with yourself....... how fast are you going, where are you doing this and how many times? The stock brake pads are good for the occasional hard run. So, whatever brand you choose, try to equate them to what you are doing. If EBC red is one step up from the greens, then maybe look at those.

If you can get the brackets etc, fit the 322's. They are ok and run a little cooler than the 298's. As for which rotor brand........ plenty of opinion on that. Have used both DBA and RDA.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 1d
  • Member For: 12y 4m 15d

There you go - the whole package. Get some good brake fluid and do a fluid change as well, a few drinks, tools and a lazy saturday arvo and just enjoy the work. For under $500 ( drinks and a feed included) fit the lot and smile.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 9y 7m 2d

Cheers guys for your clarification.

There you go - the whole package. Get some good brake fluid and do a fluid change as well, a few drinks, tools and a lazy saturday arvo and just enjoy the work. For under $500 ( drinks and a feed included) fit the lot and smile.

^^^
Sounds like my kind of Saturday arvo.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 2d

If you do go with the RDA combo....let me know if you get an annoying grinding noise. It is mainly annoying when driving next to building or near freeway wall barriers (where the sound can bounce back off the walls)...and apparently it is 'expected' noise according to RDA as its the pads scraping against the slots of the rotors.

Apparently I am the only one on this forum who has experienced this issue (Arronm and another member run different pads to me, but state they cannot hear any noise)....so would be interesting what your experiences are!