POMME2 New Member 21 Member For: 15y 1m 16d Posted 12/11/14 06:31 AM Posted 12/11/14 06:31 AM Hi all,Has anyone used and would recommend a mobile paint company / guy ? I like to take extreme care so am putting feelers out for anyone who is known to be good at what they do. I need a bumper repaired (paint only), previously quoted $170 ish from a company. Has anyone used someone before? My car is blood orange with quite good paint, so the repair has to be well done to not be noticeable. Any help appreciated,Regards Michael.
XRSEXT Member 235 Member For: 14y 2m 1d Gender: Male Posted 12/11/14 10:05 PM Posted 12/11/14 10:05 PM Touch Up Guys.. They do some quality work mate
genuine honest person Member 2,769 Member For: 12y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: near brisbane Posted 13/11/14 10:42 AM Posted 13/11/14 10:42 AM panel beater with a good reputation ,that's who I would take it to .not a touch up guy . for a quality job you will pay $$$ but it will be worth it . sorry but I am from the sunny coast Qld
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 7d Gender: Male Posted 13/11/14 07:27 PM Posted 13/11/14 07:27 PM (edited) Dan the touch up man. Edited 13/11/14 07:27 PM by Pazzo 1
POMME2 New Member 21 Member For: 15y 1m 16d Posted 14/11/14 05:56 AM Author Posted 14/11/14 05:56 AM In VIC too many panel shops are, well sh1t. And comparing $200 to possibly $1500 is an easy decision, especially when there is the same guarantee on quality with both prices...Has anyone used touch up guys? I think I might go that way as they seem the most popular in this field. Dan the touch up man also looked interesting, he seems to be a solo business, anyone used Dan?
XRSEXT Member 235 Member For: 14y 2m 1d Gender: Male Posted 15/11/14 05:15 AM Posted 15/11/14 05:15 AM I've used touch up guys once with my car and 100% worth it
POMME2 New Member 21 Member For: 15y 1m 16d Posted 16/11/14 11:54 AM Author Posted 16/11/14 11:54 AM Are you in melbourne may I ask? I'm sure their standard vary a little per suburb/area
Stockies Member 68 Member For: 13y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 21/11/14 02:18 AM Posted 21/11/14 02:18 AM Don't the Touch up people only use acrylic paint? not 2 pak/2000K?Won't that mean the job will end up after awhile looking pretty ordinary?
POMME2 New Member 21 Member For: 15y 1m 16d Posted 21/11/14 07:37 AM Author Posted 21/11/14 07:37 AM Would sure hope not, but the touch up guy I called was terrible. He immediately said he cant beat a price and I should go with the other person, where as I was after quality work... Put me off a bit, so still seeking...
"Captain Retard" Member 1,417 Member For: 12y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour NSW Posted 21/11/14 07:27 PM Posted 21/11/14 07:27 PM (edited) That's a good point about what type of paint these mobile guys use.I've seen them advertise on TV, (Picasso I think) and wondered what they were using.I thought you had to use a filtered booth with 2 pack because it's very toxic compared with say acrylic etc.Even acrylic these days is frowned upon in the open.I wonder if their using a water based paint??? Edited 21/11/14 07:28 PM by "Captain Retard"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now