jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 04/02/04 11:01 AM Posted 04/02/04 11:01 AM I know that there have been many topics on this in the past. but has anyone taken delivery recently of a manual xr6t sedan or ute and gets a clunk soud from the rear when changing gears.... I only have 1500 km on hte clock and this is very annoying. (3 weeks old).. like I said I know this topic has been raised before... anyoneelse out there who has the same prob on a recent delivery, or did I get a dud??.. thought ford would of picked up there game... surely some of these ford guys read these forums and have realised that it is a major problem?? Not happy FORD... you can expect me in the dealership in the near future!!1
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 6d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 04/02/04 12:21 PM Posted 04/02/04 12:21 PM Plenty of people have shunt and you can be sure Ford are well aware of it.Its all about saving $$$, if its really bad then a dealer may do something to help you, otherwise if you want to own a performance Ford its part of the deal these days unfortunatley.
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 8m 28d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 04/02/04 02:57 PM Posted 04/02/04 02:57 PM A while back I had a really bad clunk whenever I applied power or eased off the power (such as when changing in and out of gears). It was really bad when moving from stationary.It turned out that the bolt holding the diff in place was loose. I recommend you get the dealer to have a look soon, because if this is the problem with your car too, it's a very quick fix. When I took my car in for this problem, I was driving home with the problem fixed in just half an hour. No point putting up with the clunking if it can be fixed in half an hour.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 04/02/04 11:13 PM Author Posted 04/02/04 11:13 PM A while back I had a really bad clunk whenever I applied power or eased off the power (such as when changing in and out of gears). It was really bad when moving from stationary.It turned out that the bolt holding the diff in place was loose. I recommend you get the dealer to have a look soon, because if this is the problem with your car too, it's a very quick fix. When I took my car in for this problem, I was driving home with the problem fixed in just half an hour. No point putting up with the clunking if it can be fixed in half an hour. Thanks... mine is worst when moving from stationary... sounds like it could be the same prob.... will get it checked
Guest WHITEXR6T Guests Posted 05/02/04 01:45 AM Posted 05/02/04 01:45 AM I had this problem.... Took it to the ford dealer and they replaced the diff under warranty.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 05/02/04 09:26 AM Author Posted 05/02/04 09:26 AM took hte beast to the dealer today... bout the clunk... after about 15 min was advised that htere might be a clunk there???? they said they need the car for a whole day of testing and that the info will then be sent to ford.... they also advised that if ford says the clunk is within parameters they cant do anything about it... was also advised that they wold not worry about it as is not dangerous susequently told the service guy that I want the car booked in and the clunk fixed... booked in for the 13th
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 6d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 05/02/04 09:53 AM Posted 05/02/04 09:53 AM Good luck mate, l have been down this road before with our now sold XR6T.They will measure the free play in your driveline, its allowed to be a max of 50mm. mine was only 25mm which l was amazed at as l though it was pretty bad. If its nowhere near 50mm, you are most likely stuffed :(
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 05/02/04 10:02 AM Author Posted 05/02/04 10:02 AM Good luck mate, l have been down this road before with our now sold XR6T.They will measure the free play in your driveline, its allowed to be a max of 50mm. mine was only 25mm which l was amazed at as l though it was pretty bad. If its nowhere near 50mm, you are most likely stuffed :( ing fantatsic..... havent got much to look forward to then have I..... will give them an awful lot if sh1t if that's the case
bdennis Brendan Dennis Member 750 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 05/02/04 10:02 PM Posted 05/02/04 10:02 PM jetuteI just had mine replaced. (Auto) I had a crown wheel & pinion. noises at 100ks plus clunking on hard left or right plus a shunt when droping into first. The dealer arranged for a guy from BTR to come for a spin and he approved the replacement. In talking to one of the mechanics he advised that they have had a Xr6T with a stuffed diff from the factory so replaced it pre delivery to the customer. my 2cents worth!
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 06/02/04 01:24 AM Posted 06/02/04 01:24 AM Mines being replaced at the 15000km service, it whines at 100kmph.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now