AWW XR6T UTE Member 129 Member For: 23y 5m 2d Location: Brisbane Posted 06/02/04 03:30 AM Posted 06/02/04 03:30 AM Mine was replaced at 4000km, as it whined at 100km/h, no problems at all now.
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 08/02/04 08:41 AM Posted 08/02/04 08:41 AM jetute> Not to worry, if it doesn't exceed the freeplay now it will by 60,000km so they will have to replace it for you eventually.
londas Member 29 Member For: 22y 10m 7d Posted 09/02/04 08:52 AM Posted 09/02/04 08:52 AM Fellow XR6t owners with noisy diffs,I have had my diff replaced and the second diff is making the same noise after 1000km. There must be something we can do about this. Mine makes the 95km whine and the clunks. It is so bloody anoying and I am getting to the point where I dont like driving the car without the stereo blasting so I cant hear the noise.The problems is inherent in the diff and the problem for Ford wont be solved until they change the diff specified in the vehicles.Im sick and tired about this and the quality of the mechanical expertise from the dealerships. Ford sucks for not delivering a refined product and the dealerships cant diagnose and correct the problems. I had major probs with my diff replacement when the lower control arm of the vehicle was not correctly fitted because an apprentice probably worked on my vehicle. Ford should actively monitor the practices and impose standards that must be met for dealerships to be in operation. But like everything, it comes down to the dollarFORD wont get rid of the whine/clunk problem as it would inevitably cost them money, andDEALERS employ mostly apprentices to undertake important mechanical duties cause its cheaper. SHAME FORD SHAME.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 09/02/04 10:44 AM Author Posted 09/02/04 10:44 AM Fellow XR6t owners with noisy diffs,I have had my diff replaced and the second diff is making the same noise after 1000km. There must be something we can do about this. Mine makes the 95km whine and the clunks. It is so bloody anoying and I am getting to the point where I dont like driving the car without the stereo blasting so I cant hear the noise.The problems is inherent in the diff and the problem for Ford wont be solved until they change the diff specified in the vehicles.Im sick and tired about this and the quality of the mechanical expertise from the dealerships. Ford sucks for not delivering a refined product and the dealerships cant diagnose and correct the problems. I had major probs with my diff replacement when the lower control arm of the vehicle was not correctly fitted because an apprentice probably worked on my vehicle. Ford should actively monitor the practices and impose standards that must be met for dealerships to be in operation. But like everything, it comes down to the dollarFORD wont get rid of the whine/clunk problem as it would inevitably cost them money, andDEALERS employ mostly apprentices to undertake important mechanical duties cause its cheaper. SHAME FORD SHAME. lets go to the dealers as a group and see what they have to say maybe service service will change when there are more people in front of the counter then behind it.... hehe now this would be cool :lol:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now