frozenxr6t

• Member For: 11y 4m 10d

Just use the normal plugs $7 ones regap them a bit smaller from memory I think mine were .33? I can't remember though cms done them

And for oil I use brad penn 15w30 it's $130-140 per case but you get 2 services out of a case so algood and I do mine every 5k cause I get bord :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 15d

^^^ does cheap plugs mean you need to change with every service (or every 10,000kms?)

I'm lazy and don't do servicing myself so I will probably just get iridiums cause should last like 100,000kms? (or maybe 50-80K kms)

also congrats on the purchase mate! 16K seems like a bloody bargain....especially with all the mods done already.

P.S. F6 cooler is not stepped design, so you may have either the PWR or Process West Stepped coolers.... (or worse maybe the cheapy fleabay specials - which I think is autotecnica).. not sure how you could tell what type you have...perhaps the positioning of the inlet/outlet or maybe there is a stamp/badge/logo somewhere?

Also may want to look at trans cooler....I would have done that at the same time as doing the fluid flush...but I think you only lose a little and need like 500ml-1L of ZF oil to top it up. I went the PWR heat exchanger and so far so good...but I've only used it for nearly 20,000kms. Look up ZF milkshake to see some horror stories :P

Good luck with the touch up tune as well! I rekon with your mods and a good tuner you should get close to maxing the baby turbo at around 320ish

Oh and you need way more pics!!!! hahaha

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 18d

I average around 20,000 to 25,000 KM's on a set of Copper Plugs. I run them until I get a misfire/spark breakdown on boost. 20 to 25k for me is more than a year from a set of plugs.

I have picked the delivery day of my Car as it's "birthday" and change basic service items such as Plugs,Fuel filter,Wiper Blades etc on that day (unless they require changing sooner of course)

Re gapping plugs, unless you have a set of gapping pliers it's difficult to do. you can buy .9mm and 1.1mm gapped plugs off the shelf. Obviously if you need to run less than .9mm start with a pregapped .9mm.

I recently changed the fuel filter on my F6 (is suspect it was the first filter change it's had since new) I had be prepping the fitting with Wurth Rost off to try and avoid the seized fitting issue. I was able to remove the front fitting on the car but the rear was heading towards rounding off. )Even with a flare spanner)

Removing the rear line from the car is quite easy, you just need to remove the fuel line guard, drill out the line clamp and filter clamp rivets and drop the whole shebang in a vice to remove the line.

I did have to dress the threads on the fitting with a thread file as it picked up on the way out and burred the threads.

• Like 1

• Member For: 9y 8m 26d

Yeah I looked at my cooler more the other day and I can see a double step in it but know brand on it so im gathering it's a cheap autotechnic orwhatever they called... and ive relised my miss is only when trac is on so must be just that cutting power lol.. p

Ill get some fresh photos after the weekly bath she gets....

so ill still be doing oil ,filter,s plugs and oil supply line swap very soon..

whats trans cooler worth and are they haed to install? Where does everyone out the cooler ?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 15d

the PWR trans cooler is around $700-$800 (you would need to contact them for a price as I bought mine when they first came out and a group buy occurred).

It is mounted next to transmission (like bolts on the left side but still tucked higher than the bottom of trans pan). It replaces the stock one with a larger core (and better made core); as the main cause for milkshake is the stock one can break over time, and leaks coolant into trans fluid I think... Some people just replace the stock one every 50,000kms or so, cause the part is relatively cheap

There are also the ebay kits (furious performance trans cooler) for like $300ish; which completely removes the risk of coolant/trans fluid mixing...but what made me choose the PWR one is the fact the ZF likes to operate at specific temperature and by using the furious kit (or other similar ones), the temp can fluctuate too much (or maybe it was because the temp runs cooler and not within the optimum zf range?)....I researched it a will ago but kinda forgot lol

As for fitting, I wouldn't have a clue, as I just paid the trans shop when I did the service. I think they only charged me like 1-2hours of labour...

• Member For: 11y 4m 10d

Hey nitro yeah I do my plugs on every 3rd service 15xxx ks .... But only cause I get bord and they cost bugger all lol

I do my oil changes every 5k cause it's a bad habit...

And I live down at cms in sydney every weekend so yeah that don't help :)

Edited by fatz_f6_typhoon
  • Like 1