Any Help/ideas Please!?

SecaBoy

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 25d

Hey

So, I've got a few issues with my FG XR6T and just wanted to see if anyone can give me some ideas of what could be causing my issues.

I'll obviously be taking it to a professional to get diagnosed/fixed properly, but with a wedding coming up in a couple of months, I need to know if its something serious or could be delayed a bit. :(

The car has an F6 turbo, high flowed injectors, intake/intercooler upgrade, valve springs and a tune (stock exhaust). All this work happened over a year ago and hasn't missed a beat since.

1) When you start the car, the exhaust smells of unburnt fuel. Its WAY worse on a cold start.

2) After you start the car and let it warm up and drive away, for the first few kms, it'll surge slightly if you hold the accelerator steady. ie, if you are just cruising at 60km/h or 70km/h for example.

3) Idle is fine, but sometimes when you come to a stop, it'll drop below 500rpm for a split second and then idle normally (its an auto)

4) I have a lead foot and normally see about 12-13l/100km. Since these problems, I'm seeing about 14.5-16l/100km with the same sort of driving and same route I take to work and back every day.

5) At night, if I go WOT with a car behind me, it looks like the guy behind me is driving through fog.

6) Don't know if its done on power, or if I'm just used to the power increase, so I can't really comment on that.

Any sort of help or ideas you can give would be appreciated.

Thank you. :)

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 24d

Tuna mate take it back straight away

He'll be able to help

If it was perfectly after the tune and then this happened I'd be inclined to look at an o2 sensor

But speak to your tuna asap

• Member For: 11y 11m 1d

There can be various things that can cause the problems you mention, but likely things can be :

1. Faulty Injector or stuck injector

3. Could be problem with throttle motor/actuator.

4. Sounds normal to use a lot of fuel when driving hard, but using more fuel than normally may be related to issue 1.

5. Over-fuelling and/or faulty injectors, tune not matched to injectors, not tuned correctly.

Edited by Z2TT

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 25d

Like z2tt said it could be all of those things... Drilled injectors are extremely hard to tune, even impossible to get them to idle/drive like a quality injector.. Best bet would be to speak to your tuner..

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 25d

Right, well that makes it a little more strange.. Could be a dirty or failed injector, I havn't heard if too many failing 02 sensors, but I could be wrong