fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 18/06/04 02:50 PM Posted 18/06/04 02:50 PM I believe Tremec have recently released a five speed capable of handling 600ftlb!Yes, the TKO 600 has been released, but as it based on the TR3550 frame, it WILL NOT fit into a BA. Ben. don't all manual V8 BA's have the TR3550??Dave.
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 19/06/04 04:52 AM Posted 19/06/04 04:52 AM I believe Tremec have recently released a five speed capable of handling 600ftlb!Yes, the TKO 600 has been released, but as it based on the TR3550 frame, it WILL NOT fit into a BA. Ben. don't all manual V8 BA's have the TR3550??Dave. Nope, you haven't been paying attention Dave ... now go stand in the corner and repeat to yourself "the BA V8s have a TR3650, the BA V8s have a TR3650, the ...
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 10d Location: Birkdale Posted 19/06/04 07:05 AM Posted 19/06/04 07:05 AM About the only change I want to make to the T5 is to get a ripper shifter from the states for about $500, it gives a sorter throw and its adjustable (somehow) so you can dial out the 2nd to 3rd mishap. The shifter is shorter too. Although personally I have found my box to be a gem with no shifting dramas, but it could just be my driving skill :lol:
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 19/06/04 02:35 PM Posted 19/06/04 02:35 PM I believe Tremec have recently released a five speed capable of handling 600ftlb!Yes, the TKO 600 has been released, but as it based on the TR3550 frame, it WILL NOT fit into a BA. Ben. don't all manual V8 BA's have the TR3550??Dave. Nope, you haven't been paying attention Dave ... now go stand in the corner and repeat to yourself "the BA V8s have a TR3650, the BA V8s have a TR3650, the ... thes thir, thorry thir... :(
ebs_4l Member 16 Member For: 20y 30d Posted 17/09/06 03:40 PM Posted 17/09/06 03:40 PM has anyone to date used or know of anyone who has bought a g-force gearset?? I just stripped 3rd gear in my turbo eb with 470rwhp, and cant afford a 6speed conversion
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/09/06 08:27 PM Posted 17/09/06 08:27 PM I'm not surprised that the T5 has broken, and is what I expect would happen at that power level.I can't remember anyone on this forum upgrading the T5 over the past 3 years.There is a 6-speed being advertised in the market section. Check it out.
XR6ISM ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association Member 535 Member For: 23y 3m 18d Location: Sydney Bronx :) Posted 18/09/06 05:06 AM Posted 18/09/06 05:06 AM ebs_4l ..... I have had my T5 rebuild with stronger gear set......Straight cut gears.It was done through Spiro at Autotech ...... have to say, car has never felt stronger, my only problem now is drive shafts LOLI have to say, I cant complain about the T5. Mine lasted about 40k km's at over 300rwkw.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 21d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 18/09/06 05:24 AM Posted 18/09/06 05:24 AM (edited) T5 pfft....my T56 had 14 runs down the local strip yesty flogging the ring off it with 328kw and it took it like a champion!only mods to driveline is clutch and transmax Z oil. Edited 18/09/06 05:25 AM by Trough Lolly
TUFED6 New Member 21 Member For: 21y 3m 29d Location: 160km/h wheelspin Posted 19/09/06 12:15 AM Posted 19/09/06 12:15 AM has anyone to date used or know of anyone who has bought a g-force gearset?? I just stripped 3rd gear in my turbo eb with 470rwhp, and cant afford a 6speed conversion←PPG make some gearsets for T5's, perhaps give them a call. Might work out cheaper than importing G-Force stuff.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 21d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 19/09/06 06:57 AM Posted 19/09/06 06:57 AM has anyone to date used or know of anyone who has bought a g-force gearset?? I just stripped 3rd gear in my turbo eb with 470rwhp, and cant afford a 6speed conversion←PPG make some gearsets for T5's, perhaps give them a call. Might work out cheaper than importing G-Force stuff.←PPG....?they make paint....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now