MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 03/06/14 07:13 AM Posted 03/06/14 07:13 AM High mount a 6466 1
P_BA_XR6 Member 271 Member For: 18y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Castle Hill Posted 03/06/14 07:22 AM Author Posted 03/06/14 07:22 AM Do you think that be much more responsive?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 03/06/14 07:23 AM Posted 03/06/14 07:23 AM Probably but like I said your turbo should be on full boost by about 3200 1
P_BA_XR6 Member 271 Member For: 18y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Castle Hill Posted 03/06/14 12:54 PM Author Posted 03/06/14 12:54 PM (edited) That's what I thought I'm going to do pressure test on The piping and across cooler to see if there leak again. I can't understand why it so laggy unless it's tune wise. It does seem to sound like it's got a leak. Hopefully it's something stupid otherwise can't understand why it's not working. I would have thought it would come on around 3000 aswell as my old one use to come on around 2000ish Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited 03/06/14 01:02 PM by P_BA_XR6
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/06/14 02:04 PM Posted 03/06/14 02:04 PM Are you sure the turbine housing and turbine wheel are stock. That clearance is critical to when boost develops
P_BA_XR6 Member 271 Member For: 18y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Castle Hill Posted 03/06/14 02:16 PM Author Posted 03/06/14 02:16 PM What I have done was I pulled out my turbo out. Gave the turbo to John at Precision turbos at wetherill park. it was gt3540 with .07 front cover with new bearings put in it. I decided to buy larger wheel, once I received the wheel I got john to pull the front wheel off my turbo and fit 66mm gtx t04z front wheel on it. As to I find out to do this you have to machine the back of the compressor wheel and machine the housing back aswell as of course the front cover.
P_BA_XR6 Member 271 Member For: 18y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Castle Hill Posted 03/06/14 02:30 PM Author Posted 03/06/14 02:30 PM http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Billet-Turbo-Compressor-Wheel-Garrett-T04Z-T04R-66-3-84-mm-Trim-62-11-0-Blade-/291154919098?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ca2f7eba#ht_2384wt_1105
rhino083 Legacy Donating Member 11 Member For: 13y 6m 18d Posted 27/09/14 11:20 PM Posted 27/09/14 11:20 PM sell your turbo and buy 6466 you won't regret it I have very similar bolt on mods to you except I'm low mount and internal gated no spike issues as long as you don't want to run under 16lb it comes on hard and spools at around 2000rpm
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now