Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages.
Posted

Sorry you are right but it sure as hell didn't take much to kill this one :/

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Have you got the correct hose. There are a few types.

I just fitted one to Todds ute. Had no issues and it came from Repco. The bag has specific instructions

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages.
Posted

Have you got the correct hose. There are a few types.

I just fitted one to Todds ute. Had no issues and it came from Repco. The bag has specific instructions

Pretty sure I have. The one they gave me "suits factory 18" wheels"

Just picked up another one from auto one. See how I go. The hoses look exactly

The same as the one that was on there previously

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Hoses are different (internally) fitting is the same. If you f'd up the thread on the hose the threads weren't aligned correctly.

Start the fitting by hand before clamping the hose down it should screw in by hand until the o-ring contacts the inner seat in the pump fitting.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages.
Posted

Sooo finally I had a win. But after a lot of stuffing around!

The thread inside the pump was stripped a little and I couldn't get another one any where so I had to buy a new pump.

46D94A56-EF92-4DDC-A34E-3E5AC0C0C22F_zps

Love having it clean in the bay. Just need to get this crank seal sorted now.

5A716360-DF13-4A0D-9DCE-DCAC368E16D1_zps

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 12y 10m 29d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Good to hear, make sure you use the right puller, shouldn't have to remove the radiator either, just the thermo fans

Edited by Spyathe
  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Sooo finally I had a win. But after a lot of stuffing around!

The thread inside the pump was stripped a little and I couldn't get another one any where so I had to buy a new pump.

46D94A56-EF92-4DDC-A34E-3E5AC0C0C22F_zps

Love having it clean in the bay. Just need to get this crank seal sorted now.

5A716360-DF13-4A0D-9DCE-DCAC368E16D1_zps

that's bad luck.

But at least its all good now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...