XFPV Member 4 Member For: 12y 4m 19d Posted 10/05/14 11:43 PM Posted 10/05/14 11:43 PM Hi all, first time on the forum. I just recently bought a 2008 FPV F6X and I noticed there's a bad vibration coming from the front end that resernates throughout the cabin and dash. This only happens when I'm stopped and in 'Drive' mode. When I drive off it's all good and the vibration stops but when I come to a stop (in Drive) it vibrates really baddly. When car is in 'Reverse' or 'Neutral' the vibration is minimal and none in 'N' mode. Appriciate any valued feedback into possible causes. I've also noticed my idle is all over the place (somewhere at 550-600 RPM) when in 'Drive' mode but I noticed too that I have a SS Inductions throttle body installed. Otherwise I really love the car.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 11/05/14 12:06 AM Posted 11/05/14 12:06 AM Broken engine mount?...
Breeze_xr Legacy Donating Member 168 Member For: 14y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 11/05/14 12:39 AM Posted 11/05/14 12:39 AM My mate bought a bf xr6t a couple months ago and when I drove it I noticed the same problem you didHe replaced his coil packs and it has been gone since then
XFPV Member 4 Member For: 12y 4m 19d Posted 11/05/14 12:57 AM Author Posted 11/05/14 12:57 AM Thanks guys. I think if it were the coil packs then it would also vibrate in 'N' & 'R' selections, but the vibration is only happening when it's in 'D' mode. I wonder if it's to do with a aftermarket SS Induction Throttle Body on my car?
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 11/05/14 01:05 AM Posted 11/05/14 01:05 AM Never rule out electricity as a source of a problem.
Techjunkie New Member 16 Member For: 13y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sth.East of MELBOURNE VIC. Posted 11/05/14 01:41 PM Posted 11/05/14 01:41 PM One of the common problems.Replaced coil packs (VDO) and NGK Platinum plugs,idling in "D" slight vibration needle down to 550 with slight movement.other ways perfect.Broken mount would cause vibration but wouldnt lower idle speed.But im working on it,I think its got somethink to do with the heat.Yes when temp needle lines up with the first line of the temp. gauge idling drops (when stop for lights or )but once the needle moves away from the line towards the halfway mark idling normalises.Therefor I think its heat related.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now