Knackers Member 102 Member For: 15y 8m 8d Posted 04/05/14 04:41 AM Posted 04/05/14 04:41 AM My car (2009 FG F9) seems to have a destroyed battery. Barely started today after 5weeks of sitting in the garage. Took it for a drive to get petrol, started fine after filling up. Drove home (20mins). About an hr later I went to go out - car wouldn't start, very flat!Gave up but noticed the dash had an odd message on the screen"Transition not in park"My cars a manual...The message won't go away.
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 04/05/14 04:45 AM Posted 04/05/14 04:45 AM these cars do very strange things when they have battery problems.
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 04/05/14 05:10 AM Posted 04/05/14 05:10 AM I needed to get the codes cleared from an FG by the ford dealer after a funky battery problem..
FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 3m 7d Gender: Male Posted 04/05/14 11:00 AM Posted 04/05/14 11:00 AM All modern cars do f*cked up sh*t with dead/dying batteries. You'd say I had holes in my head if I said a new battery made my cars run better, but guess what, everytime I put a new one in it feels better to drive 1
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 04/05/14 12:01 PM Posted 04/05/14 12:01 PM Lol.. I called our work fleet mob once because one the the commodores I was in came up with airbag warning lights and went into limp mode right after I started it.. His advice was go into nearest servo, buy a battery, problem fixed..It's amazing what sh*t can stuff up if the car doesn't get the exact current it needs to start correctly..
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 05/05/14 05:17 AM Posted 05/05/14 05:17 AM Yeah I recently bought an Optima Cell battery and I sweat it drives a tiny bit better and idles better too!
kazuhiko Member 39 Member For: 12y 9m 23d Posted 06/05/14 11:21 AM Posted 06/05/14 11:21 AM my manual fg did this after I disconnected my battery and then reconnected it. I found that when I saw it and started the car straight away, the aircon pump wouldnt engage, meaning No air-con mid summer.I figured out that when you see this message, dont start the car, turn the ignition back to off and then start the car and it seemed to clear the problem and the aircon started working fine again... fords...
Knackers Member 102 Member For: 15y 8m 8d Posted 09/05/14 12:56 PM Author Posted 09/05/14 12:56 PM Yea I'd noticed my aircon would engage too. Good to know it may be battery related too. I've had random airbag faults and the dreaded orange triangle show up once just after starting.Yellow top optima arrives Tuesday. Should be right after that.
Knackers Member 102 Member For: 15y 8m 8d Posted 15/05/14 10:46 PM Author Posted 15/05/14 10:46 PM Everything's magically sorted and the car seems to behave better too since putting in a new battery - optima yellow top. Even fits in the factory battery box. 1
Rollin Member 33 Member For: 17y 6m 29d Posted 16/05/14 01:56 PM Posted 16/05/14 01:56 PM You can have similar issues in older cars when the battery terminals start getting a little dodgy and the earths on the body and block get a bit of corrosion in them.It's amazing how many issues can be fixed by ensuring all power and earth contacts are clean and tight. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now