01txr Member 861 Member For: 19y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 23/04/14 06:42 AM Author Posted 23/04/14 06:42 AM Guys I've removed the combination switch but found no damaged wires or shorts. Started again, moved the lever around everywhere no flashing lights or weird crap. Will have to keep searching till I find what the hell has caused it. Anymore ideas?
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 21d Gender: Male Posted 24/04/14 10:30 PM Posted 24/04/14 10:30 PM I would say if movement of the stalk has cleared the fault then there must be damage to the wiring there, it just may be very hard to see
01txr Member 861 Member For: 19y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 25/04/14 05:07 AM Author Posted 25/04/14 05:07 AM I've removed it and there is no damage. Just going to have to test every circuit that has been affected. Just hope I can locate it considering its fine at present.
01txr Member 861 Member For: 19y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 13/07/14 02:01 AM Author Posted 13/07/14 02:01 AM Sorry for the delay on this, time has been a issue with some issues coming up. I decided to remove the engine bay fuse box to check it internally. On doing so when I remove the earth lead that goes down to chassis I found it to have shorting marks on the underside of the bolt washer head. I buffed bolt, chassis and terminal up, refitted, it starts fine, all fixed. YahI take it that when I tested it's ohms resistance it showed it was fine was because it had earth even though it was a poor connection. It still baffles me to why it had it's problem, then was fine for a few days then not again. It's not as if the poor earth could of improved then died. Oh well it's sorted and thanks for everyone's input. I've learnt now that if I ever get a issue like this to just remove and check every earth connection thoroughly instead of believing equipment and external visual appearance. Cheers
JVK Legacy Donating Member 751 Member For: 20y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: North West Hot Hell,VIC Posted 13/07/14 08:10 AM Posted 13/07/14 08:10 AM Good to hear you got it sorted and posted the cause of the problem.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now