luke187 Member 297 Member For: 12y 10m 3d Posted 02/04/14 10:11 AM Posted 02/04/14 10:11 AM Anyone using or seen "generic" surge tanks for a BA sedan. By generic I mean a no-name brand that isnt super expensive, looking around I havent been able to find anything. Id even be happy for a design which I can go get made. At this point in time im just after something that functions well rather than looks trick, especially considering its hidden under the car.Cheers
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 12d Gender: Male Posted 02/04/14 10:27 AM Posted 02/04/14 10:27 AM What's wrong with a branded one? I've seen them go for 600 on ebay
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 02/04/14 11:07 AM Posted 02/04/14 11:07 AM (edited) so many people keep trying to re-invent the wheel, most people use a couple of brands for a reason, it's cheaper in the long run to do things right the first time Edited 02/04/14 11:08 AM by ratter 2
luke187 Member 297 Member For: 12y 10m 3d Posted 02/04/14 11:11 AM Author Posted 02/04/14 11:11 AM (edited) Nothings wrong with them as such, I just havent seem them for those prices. Most are over 900 which looks real nice like the PW submerged pumps and window, I just have other priorities for the build right now. Ive seen vehcile specific bogandore ones for a few hundred minus pumps. so many people keep trying to re-invent the wheel, most people use a couple of brands for a reason, it's cheaper in the long run to do things right the first time I dont want to re-invent the wheel, I just want a functional one that isnt made bllet with viewing windows and what not. Its under the car, its hidden so for me I just need it to work. Edited 02/04/14 11:14 AM by luke187
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 02/04/14 11:57 AM Posted 02/04/14 11:57 AM windows?
luke187 Member 297 Member For: 12y 10m 3d Posted 02/04/14 12:30 PM Author Posted 02/04/14 12:30 PM Yeah my bad saw the pic of the process west submerged tank thinking it had a glass/perspex window on it but its just with the lid off. Regardless, im not trying to debate the validity and benefits of a $1000 surge tank, im asking what vehicle specific functional surge tanks are available for b series falcons in the sub $500 price range like are available for other cars.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 02/04/14 12:34 PM Posted 02/04/14 12:34 PM many people have bought the cheap ones and ended up with issues, whether size, leaks or noise or even a combination of all above, the good ones come complete, no cutting of existing fuel hoses/pipes is required and are normally trouble free
luke187 Member 297 Member For: 12y 10m 3d Posted 02/04/14 12:54 PM Author Posted 02/04/14 12:54 PM Fair enough, guess that's what I was hoping to find out. Surely though there must be a middle ground between the super trick looking $900/$1000+ jobbies and the dodgy sh*t. If I can find a functional setup even for $500 that's equivalent to 50% off vcm suite which right now ill happily take
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 02/04/14 06:55 PM Posted 02/04/14 06:55 PM most generis ones are boot mount and require a fair few fuel fittings which are $$$$try a search for JD customs for a cheaper under car setup.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 02/04/14 11:14 PM Posted 02/04/14 11:14 PM The fuel pumps used are usually more that $200 and there's probably that much again in fuel fittings, add the pump bracket and insulators it does leave much for the material and labour to produce the actual tank 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now