CYAMTE Member 38 Member For: 12y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: South east burbs Posted 25/03/14 10:15 PM Author Posted 25/03/14 10:15 PM I'm a lot calmer with my right foot than I was so I should see good fuel ect, but its no big issue.They are great plates, funny enough I didnt ask for them, I was given them as a 21st bday present!
GUN-808 Member 251 Member For: 12y 11m Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 26/03/14 01:01 AM Posted 26/03/14 01:01 AM My advice is to hold off as long as u can if just been thru the exact same process as urself very recently.. don't rush into it and something will come up.. I just paid under 23k for an '11 model with under 80ks so they do come up ... U can find something with 90-110 for under 20k if u look hard enough and have CASH when u go to inspect/buy.. save that money on purchase price and bugger off the dealers and go private .. there's not a he'll of a lot that should go wrong that the extra money in it pocket won't cover as an option to having warranty offered by a yard.. when u start to modify it the money very quickly adds up trust me and your better off saving a heap of money on purchase price and having it there to spec it up.. if it really planning on heavily modifying it wait and buy something already built for around same money as u have to spend as modded cars don't seem to hold any value.. ohh and good luck and welcome u won't look back as I haven't
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 26/03/14 05:34 AM Posted 26/03/14 05:34 AM Good advice on buying already modded, save big coin if it's already got turbo work, cooler, injectors and exhaust! 1
CYAMTE Member 38 Member For: 12y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: South east burbs Posted 26/03/14 08:36 AM Author Posted 26/03/14 08:36 AM yeh it has its plus side, but I like gettin a stock car and getting the mods done myself whilst creating a good relationship with the tuner/mechanic and that way I know they are done properly and know the timeline for major services ect, and going thru a dealership just for that added warranty security, and only going thru good dealerships who sell good cars, can be a bit of the unknown going the private, if I bought one thru private it would have to be thru an older bloke who has kept it in cotton wool, what can I say.. im picky lol.Ute is off getting final inspection and full detaIl inside and out before going up for sale, hoping to sell her quick!
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 26/03/14 11:36 AM Posted 26/03/14 11:36 AM That's actually what I did myself.Bought from a dealer at 37,000km, got a brand new turbo just before warranty ran out and then modded it all at once at XFT. Got cooler and pipes cheap from here, wasted money on full Manta exhaust but got injectors for cheap because I'm a legend in my spare time. Paid to have XFT fit it all up though! Good thing too as the bolts weren't included with the exhaust... 1
CYAMTE Member 38 Member For: 12y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: South east burbs Posted 26/03/14 11:50 AM Author Posted 26/03/14 11:50 AM yeh been looking at mods for the car (I havent even got it yet and I want more power hahaha) those stepped coolers look a treat and injectors is a must for 300-320 rwkw by the sounds of it, then a tune/air box edit and possible exhaust, see how far we can go, woul like to keep the standard exhaust and just get a cat (meow) for it. But it looks like this has been talked about over and over in this forum so ill just grab bits n pieces where I can from info already written.hard thing is finding a tuner down in SE suburbs here in Vic!! guy I go to is Lsx only really, but he may want something different!!
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 16d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 26/03/14 11:56 AM Posted 26/03/14 11:56 AM Word of advice - even if you have to drive 1000km to get to a great tuner, it is worth it!Do it once, do it right. 3
CYAMTE Member 38 Member For: 12y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: South east burbs Posted 26/03/14 12:03 PM Author Posted 26/03/14 12:03 PM Cheers mate! yeh gary is a great Lsx tuner and mechanic, kept the ute in great nic, will have to drop by and ask him if hys dyno like the blue oval type of car
GUN-808 Member 251 Member For: 12y 11m Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 26/03/14 12:22 PM Posted 26/03/14 12:22 PM Just remember that ull void any warranty mate as soon as u start modifying it.. I bought mine with New Car warranty still and ripped it apart pretty much the day I brought it home hahaha and also buying stock, modifying and goin thru a dealer your gunna be up for a lot more $$ than doing it the way you are heading..and yeah most of the ones u will find are owned by old blokes who wrap em in cotton wool LOL 1
xr6tForMe Legacy Donating Member 318 Member For: 13y 3m 11d Gender: Male Posted 30/03/14 10:03 AM Posted 30/03/14 10:03 AM Just remember that ull void any warranty mate as soon as u start modifying it.. I bought mine with New Car warranty still and ripped it apart pretty much the day I brought it home hahaha and also buying stock, modifying and goin thru a dealer your gunna be up for a lot more $$ than doing it the way you are heading..and yeah most of the ones u will find are owned by old blokes who wrap em in cotton wool LOLMy understanding of the law is that warranty is only affected where your mods cause the problem.If you mod the engine to make 1000hp, and the paint all starts to fall off, I would still expect that problem to be fixed under warranty.If you mod the engine and the diff fails, it COULD be fair to say that the mods caused the problem, and in IF the mods caused the problem, then its fair for Ford to knock back a warranty claim.It is not simply "You have modified the car, so you have no warranty". 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now