Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 22/03/14 03:34 AM Posted 22/03/14 03:34 AM (edited) probably been asked before but was wondering what the best oil filter for the fg xr6t are. doing a service soon and not sure if I should just keep it ford or go a k&n or other brands. use to use the k&n on the xr 8 but just thought I would find out what you guys are using. cheers Bizkets. :D Edited 22/03/14 03:35 AM by BiZkets
gsd112 Legacy Donating Member 605 Member For: 16y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Penrith Posted 22/03/14 05:12 AM Posted 22/03/14 05:12 AM Just use the Ford one.
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 22/03/14 05:52 AM Posted 22/03/14 05:52 AM Oil filter nothing wrong with ryco from supercheap, but fuel filter go genuine, from person experience.
vxr50t Member 134 Member For: 13y 5m 29d Posted 22/03/14 06:53 AM Posted 22/03/14 06:53 AM I use FL820S made by Motorcraft in the US. These were the ones Ford AU used to supply before they replaced it with the cheaper Asian made version AFL101 andhold more oil compared to the current onehttp://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=400224812699
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/03/14 12:29 PM Posted 22/03/14 12:29 PM Oil filter nothing wrong with ryco from supercheap, but fuel filter go genuine, from person experience.Could you elaborate? I'm using a ryco fuel filter, arenthey no good?
matsfgxr6turbo Member 388 Member For: 16y 8m 5d Posted 22/03/14 01:04 PM Posted 22/03/14 01:04 PM yeah these falcons don't hold enough oil already do they mate 7lts isn't much I rekon they need 8 or 9lts at least
vxr50t Member 134 Member For: 13y 5m 29d Posted 22/03/14 02:05 PM Posted 22/03/14 02:05 PM (edited) FL820s is slightly larger than the AFL101 and could also have more filter media and a greater surface area which means better filtration. Plus it costs me less buying in bulk so I save money in the process.Now go and reinsert your tampon and eat a snickers ffs Edited 22/03/14 02:09 PM by vxr50t
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 23/03/14 03:15 AM Posted 23/03/14 03:15 AM Could you elaborate? I'm using a ryco fuel filter, arenthey no good?I'm sure they filter fine, but I bought 1 and the threads on it were cut really poorly and it didn't want to do up. I returned it and got another and it wouldn't do up either. I got the chits and got a ford one and it did up straight away, just my personal experience...
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/03/14 03:40 AM Posted 23/03/14 03:40 AM Yeah I got to admit the fit wasnt fantastic, threads were ok but. Thought you were gonna say the filter media was sh*te or something. Its worth noting that the ryco oil filters have higher micron screens than other more expensive filters, K&N have 30 micron vs 50 in the ryco. Should probably have double checked that before posting but I cbf
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now