Mac0892 Member 72 Member For: 13y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 16/01/14 12:01 AM Posted 16/01/14 12:01 AM First post in a while and first topic start.So, im currently due for 2 new tyres and can get the Maxxis MA-Z1's for roughly $165 per tyre through my work.Wondering if anyone has had any experiance with these tyres at all?Thanks
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 16/01/14 05:37 AM Posted 16/01/14 05:37 AM Good results a while ago - a member here ran a low eleven at the drags with them!
JK 47 Legacy Donating Member 161 Member For: 19y 2d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 16/01/14 12:14 PM Posted 16/01/14 12:14 PM I had the maxxis on my typhoon ,great tyre good kms,but went very hard as they got older,now have achillies atr 2 and so far they grip better,and are well priced depends where you get them from ,mine were $140 each,......cheers J K.
***VX*R8*** Member 202 Member For: 12y 11m 16d Gender: Male Posted 17/01/14 06:06 AM Posted 17/01/14 06:06 AM MA-Z1s in 255/35/ZR17 were possibly the grippiest tyres I've ever used. Were on the back of my old 180sx (260+rwkw).My brother also had them all round on an FTO and handled really well.
hrick Member 210 Member For: 16y 9m 16d Posted 17/01/14 10:12 PM Posted 17/01/14 10:12 PM Had these for over 3 years (2nd set now), I really like em, I think for the $ they`re a great tyre, not bad in the wet, good dry, wear well.
Mac0892 Member 72 Member For: 13y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 18/01/14 07:42 AM Author Posted 18/01/14 07:42 AM seems like good reviews all round so far. what's the road noise like with them? have the dunlop sp sport maxx's on there currently. they were on when I bought the car and there is a fair drone to them.was also looking at the nitto invo's but since I can get 2 of the ma-z1's for the price of 1 invo (was quoted 330 supplied or 350 fitted at trade price) I moved away from them
Spoony Member 250 Member For: 15y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/01/14 01:15 AM Posted 22/01/14 01:15 AM Great tyre, at that price a good choice. I've run Toyo Proxies, Maxxis Z1's, Achillies ATR Sports, Forceum Hexa's (nooooooisey), Achillies ATR Sports 2.The Z1's without a doubt are the best wet tyre out of themIn the dry they compare with the Toyo's, Toyo's were crap in the wet. The ATR Sports 2 (2 being important) are definitely a worthy contender, I think they have more grip in the dry than any of the above, and would be second only to the Z1's in the wet.
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 16/02/14 05:27 AM Posted 16/02/14 05:27 AM Best all round Tyre for the price... but for me my camber isn't great so they didn't last as long as they should. got Achillies on now and they are great for that price range and seem to cope heaps better with my camber..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now