DannnBF Member 13 Member For: 13y 7m 2d Posted 14/01/14 10:11 AM Posted 14/01/14 10:11 AM Made a dumb mistake the other night! Was cruising along in 4th gear a little street racer gee'd me up I loaded up abit in 4th then went too drop into 3rd hit 1st didn't realise let the clutch half out and realised when I was nearly half way out of the windscreen popped out of gear pulled over its hard to select every gear can still drive the box is quite but its like I have no clutch? It had only had a hd clutch put in it 2days earlier what damage could it have done too the clutch?the fluid levels didn't drop ect and I cant start it in gear now otherwise it moves forward so im guessing its the clutch could it of shattered? I will be pulling it out in the next few days just wanted an opinion ,Thanks dan
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/01/14 10:14 AM Posted 14/01/14 10:14 AM Sounds like you have overreved the the clutch friction plate. Only solution is to pull it apart and inspect and repair.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/01/14 12:34 PM Posted 14/01/14 12:34 PM Difficult to say but its box out time.
BRK Member 361 Member For: 14y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/01/14 01:01 PM Posted 14/01/14 01:01 PM box out, clutch down, bux up. 1
AdamIan69 Legacy Donating Member 401 Member For: 13y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 14/01/14 02:09 PM Posted 14/01/14 02:09 PM Get her on blocks and get her box out... 1
sixman Legacy Donating Member 604 Member For: 22y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: Hills District, NSW Posted 15/01/14 02:12 AM Posted 15/01/14 02:12 AM Going from 4th to 3rd should be easy. How did you end up in first?
DannnBF Member 13 Member For: 13y 7m 2d Posted 15/01/14 02:34 AM Author Posted 15/01/14 02:34 AM Thanks boys, ill let you's know what I find haha box out clutch down bux up :D love it haha, sixman I have no effing idea what happened haha I have been driving manual for 8years and its a first so that's not bad odds hahaha
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/01/14 02:47 AM Posted 15/01/14 02:47 AM what speed where you travelling at in 4th? (aprox)
AdamIan69 Legacy Donating Member 401 Member For: 13y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 15/01/14 02:53 AM Posted 15/01/14 02:53 AM Ye bud the 5th to 1st down change has happened to me before. But lucky enough I fluked it and got the clutch disengaged in time. 4th to 2nd through a corner is more fun huh<br />
AdamIan69 Legacy Donating Member 401 Member For: 13y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: WA Posted 15/01/14 03:32 AM Posted 15/01/14 03:32 AM Can I guess and say about 90km/hr?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now