Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 11m 9d
Posted

I have a 2005 BA XR6T, and I am looking to upgrade the valve springs, was wondering what my best option is that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

  • I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Crow or atomic

  • Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canning Vale, W.A
Posted

Theyre fine

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

VTKBA6T-24 Crow with retainers.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Penrith
Posted

Go Crow or Plazmaman. Had atomics in mine and had issues with them.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 3m 5d
Posted (edited)

Crow valve springs with Crow retainers are not a good combination. There is known issue with them, to get the correct spring pressure they have recessed the collets further down into the retainer. This is a big issues on the exhaust side as the valve stem is slightly shorter which brings the retainer higher which then makes contact with the rockers arm. I have called them about this and they played dumb. Have seen this so far on 7 engines so far.

post-46776-0-99050700-1390457345_thumb.j

post-46776-0-92919700-1390457346_thumb.j

Edited by stee3
  • Like 2
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

First I've heard of that Crow issue, I just went with what XFT recommended, which is Crow!

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 3m 5d
Posted

They would probably recommend them with the factory retainers. Its the crow retainers that have an issue not the springs.

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...