Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

not a bad idea at all, but check the guide as well as we see these break the slipper part of quite often

  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

It does it for about 30seconds or so then sorts itself out !

Sounds like crap valve springs to me

  • New Member
  • Member For: 14y 6m 12d
Posted

Yea but they are brand new. Plazmaman springs. Tested at 90psi.

My tuner thinks its "maybe" vct actuator.

Have to take a data log to see if they are advancing and retarding and not stuck in 1 spot

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 4m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Inlet cam timing solenoid or exhaust.

I wonder if these faults always show up fault codes cause my FG does the rough idle in the morning then is fine after 20 seconds. I should also check the cam timing first I guess.

I believe it was exhaust with mine. However can't be sure as my mechanic handled all of it. Mine was the opposite. Fine for 20 secs then started.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

every car we have seen that have jumped, jump both cams

  • I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Pos fords. I've seen a symptom of a car jumping a tooth because the plastic guide broke off and got stuck on the gear

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, SOR
Posted (edited)

My car had displayed some of these symptoms which I put down to bad fuel quality.

Car has just been tuned and filled with fresh BP98 prior.

Car (G6ET) had pinging issue at top end and where tuner would normal advance timing (little turbo running out of puff), he had to retard timing due to ping.

He thought it had been filled with 95 at some stage.

My question is if car had jumped a tooth and car has just been tuned would it cause ping though the top end?

Edited by GeGe6
  • 3 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 10m 7d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I've had one experience with my car when I was slowly rolling up to a red in with clutch in in 2nd, then light went green and changed to 1st and gave it a little throttle to match up, about a second after I let the clutch out car went into a limp mode.

Wouldn't rev over about 1000-1500, check engine sign came up and started running super lumpy and rough. So I pulled over tuned it off, started again and problem was all gone.

I've heard this happening to afew other people and their always worried that something needs replacing in there car. The thing is it happened to me in a brand new 2014 mk2 xr6t with 350kms on it.

My mate (who I was driving with at the time) has a 2011 f6 with 30000kms on it and it's happened to him a couple of times as well.

I'm not too worried about it, but just thought id let people know it's happened to me in a brand new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 10m 7d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Btw my engine is stock apart from 4" intake and my mates is highly modded. So no pattern here either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...