genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 15d Posted 27/10/13 03:58 AM Posted 27/10/13 03:58 AM I'm going to be getting the flash tune + injectors from intunehttp://www.intunemotorsport.com.au/Ford-Flash-tuner-X3-with-injector-package-XR6-Turbo-and-F6.htmlWill I need to get valve springs before I do this mod?
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/10/13 04:03 AM Posted 27/10/13 04:03 AM NooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooYou will need a whole lot more than valve springs if you go through intune. Like a new bottom end.Intune don't have the best reputation around here. We've renamed them pingtune.Go to a reputable workshop, like autotech, or tunehouse. They have a much better rapport.If you do go to pingtune, please promise not to post back in here when your engine blows. You get what you pay for. 1
genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 15d Posted 27/10/13 04:05 AM Author Posted 27/10/13 04:05 AM Thanks man ^Any good workshops in melbourne?
genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 15d Posted 27/10/13 04:06 AM Author Posted 27/10/13 04:06 AM Would you be able to tell me if I'd need to get valve springs if I decided to go with a tune + injectors?
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 27/10/13 04:09 AM Posted 27/10/13 04:09 AM what model turbo?
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/10/13 04:10 AM Posted 27/10/13 04:10 AM Thanks man ^Any good workshops in melbourne?Yep, mick at pitlane.very trustworthy bloke. If he says your car needs it, it does. He has tuned plenty of cars in here, and they are all going like rockets, and are very reliable. His reputation here is bulletproof, because he has earnt it. He gives a sh*t, and his tuning skills are one of the best.If I was in Melbourne, I'd be going there. I'm in Sydney, and I'm still considering driving down there.... 1
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 29d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 27/10/13 04:18 AM Posted 27/10/13 04:18 AM (edited) and in case you don't know who Mick @ Pit Lane is = ratterEdit:I'm in SA and driving it to Pit Lanecause of the rep he has on here Edited 27/10/13 04:19 AM by BenDoCo 2
genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 15d Posted 27/10/13 04:29 AM Author Posted 27/10/13 04:29 AM ba xr6 turbo 05 model 1
genx2g Member 95 Member For: 12y 11m 15d Posted 27/10/13 05:02 AM Author Posted 27/10/13 05:02 AM If you could give me a price on injectors and a tune that would be great, looking to start modding my baxr6t and would love if you can look after me and guide me through it, looking to aim 300rwkw if possible.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 27/10/13 05:51 AM Posted 27/10/13 05:51 AM BA's had weak springs in them when they were new, now that they are older they are a lot worse, we have seen some that valve float above 230 rwkw, you are also going to need more than injectors and a tune to see 300 rwkw, there can be a lot of different ways to get to that number, many are good and many are not that great
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now