Tear Tag Help!

blkxrtute

• Member For: 10y 8m 18d

G'Day guy's, I have an 08 FPV F6 ute wich has a wiped PCM! I have a mate that works for ford and he Is trying to recover it but my car does not have the tear tag label inside the drivers door jam or the sticker on the PCM! Does anyone have a similar car that can tell me what the 4 digit tear tag number is or what the PCM callibration number is? Any help will be much appreciated. Cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 13d

Has it been tuned at all? If it has you can pull the tear tag info from hp tuners files. Not sure about SCT though.

No labels sounds a bit dodgy though

So after a bit of seraching ON THE LINE!! I have found a great site for any one that may require these tear tag or calibration files.

http://www.bulletperformanceracing.com.au/FG%20PPC%20Data%20Base.html also for some of the believers they may also aid in flashing f6 tunes into xr6t and possibly g6eT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 8d

if your mate worked at ford, he has access to As Built Data to deal with situations like a blank PCM.

Infact, I believe the IDS will manually ask for the VIN number and check the ASBuilt data itself, and correctly load the correct PCM calibration.

it is an fg1 there is no as built data available for this model. as built came out for series 2 onwards. other wise we would have to inhale the details of another vehicle. anwyay I have got it running now but have traction and abs lights on, trans is working fine. does anyone have a series one f6 ute tear tag?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 7d

Not true I worked at ford as built data is available for fg onwards and even if it has no tags which it should on the PCM itself if he's goes into goais and submits the vin it will tell him everything about your car including processor tear tag and software level it should have. How did the PCM get wiped?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 7d

Have you checked your fuses that will cause abs and traction lights to come on, if its running now it wouldn't be a tare tag issue unless they've flashed the completely wrong program in