Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Yep but changed values to suit fg cams and didn't fix it. Figure it's something to do with standard ba/bf inlet manifold and the fg cams, maybe a plazmaman plenum or fg would fix but not sure

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Has you tuner tried adjusting the airmass tables in the idle regions? I don't doubt it's related to the combo of the FG cams and BA inlet system (assuming there is no mech issues)

Posted

That speed density etc?? If so yep.... Instant fuel sits at 3lt and managed to get it back down to 1.8lt but it maxed out ltft to do so. And still lumpy idle was present so not a fix as such.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 3m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

When you sprayed the manifolds, what did you use?

I have found a leaking intake manifold using butane in a can (for a portable stove) and a thin hose.

That let me direct the gas exactly where I wanted. I figured that because the butane would displace air that would otherwise also be ducked in it would work well (and it did work well for me).

Obviously be careful of setting things on fire.

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Just spit balling here, Do you have six of the same injectors?

Posted

Haha yep same injectors, had them serviced and flow tested as well after the swap. Was thinking I may have put inlet manifold gasket on wrong way but no leaks and seems fine... Just strange why these "duo phase" cams aren't liking the bf manifold.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 3m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

To narrow down where the problem might be;

Do you know if the FG engine was ok before you got it?

Posted

Unfortunately never got to here it run as was removed from a car wreck prior to me buying. So to hard to tell but has perfect compression and leak tested and all good. Also have had sump off and everything looks brand new along with no wear on cams etc.Guy I bought it off said it was run on e85 for a while prior to crash and had 38000km on the clock (saw a speedo but pics don't mean much I guess). Car boosts great its just the idle, vac sits at 14hg at idle which indicates valve timing. Timing has been checked and is all good. Sooo we have to assume its the cams mixed with the bf inlet manifold. If I change back to bf cams in theory everything should work fine. Problem is I don't no of any full long motor fgs in bfs to compare to.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

So still no luck with idle fix, not changing cams to bf just yet until I cover all other bases first. Pulled intake apart tonight and pulled fuel rail off to ensure gaskets etc are all good. Attached is a pic of inlet manifold connected with injector removed. Does all look good?? I'm just a little worried as a small part of the block covers the injector hole. Doubt it would make a big difference as they are all the same but thought I'd check. post-42098-138037248173_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...