crisso . Legacy Donating Member 1,199 Member For: 22y 10m 14d Location: Sydney Posted 18/01/04 10:23 AM Author Posted 18/01/04 10:23 AM Easy fix Chris, time to park the subbie out on the street!! :lol: I'm sure you pay enough in insurance. Dagabond - I was waiting for someone to offer that as a solution...here's the prob, I am only a youngster and it isn't my house...so probably doing well just to have it garaged
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 18/01/04 11:34 AM Posted 18/01/04 11:34 AM Have you thought about getting a carpet layer to carpet the LH side wall of your folks garage???? No room for underlay though!
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 21d Location: North Brisbane Posted 18/01/04 10:55 PM Posted 18/01/04 10:55 PM Every day I open the garage door and fold BOTH of my mirrors back against the car just to fit in my garage. I can get out fine, it just won't fit without the mirrors folded back due to poles.
davef Member 42 Member For: 22y 10m 4d Posted 19/01/04 12:19 AM Posted 19/01/04 12:19 AM The carpet idea isn't as stupid as it might sound. I used to use strip of carpet down the side of my garage. It certainly protected the mirrors.The real solution was to make sure the garage was wider at the next house.Also another tip for anyone with a garage that is too short. To make usre you stop when you should hang a tennis ball from the roof. As soon as it hits the screen - STOP.
crisso . Legacy Donating Member 1,199 Member For: 22y 10m 14d Location: Sydney Posted 19/01/04 02:51 AM Author Posted 19/01/04 02:51 AM got some squares of carpet on the brick wall, but I have no intention of using them!!!
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 19/01/04 02:55 AM Posted 19/01/04 02:55 AM when we had the LTD, the little badge on the bonnet was used as a target and we maked a dot on the wall to line it up, when the dot went inside the badge, you stop!
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/01/04 04:44 AM Posted 19/01/04 04:44 AM when we had the LTD, the little badge on the bonnet was used as a target and we maked a dot on the wall to line it up, when the dot went inside the badge, you stop! Very innovative Glen. Who thought that one up?
sharkey Member 337 Member For: 22y 8m 22d Posted 19/01/04 04:53 AM Posted 19/01/04 04:53 AM I have a suspended slab carport with a 2m drop behind it. No way do I want anybody driving in too far so I just dyna-bolted a length of 4x4 to the floor to bump the front wheels up against.
KrasH Bloody Orange Team (BOT) Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 23y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, Australia Posted 19/01/04 08:02 AM Posted 19/01/04 08:02 AM not a scratch yet... You know you've jinxed yourself right.. better touch wood quickly, if you haven't already Anyways, My Garage is alright. 2500mm opening and when I park it I have maybe 1 metre infront and 30-40cm behind. Plus plenty of room to get out the driver side I us my brother boogy board as the wall padding to protect my door Being a bricklayer, we obviously lay bricks on houses with garages. The minimum is 2400 for an opening and I must say that it's be risky for the T. I also hate when we have to do 4800 garage opening.. Sometimes no room to play if you can't park correctly..
chief Member 166 Member For: 23y 2m 14d Location: Melbourne Posted 19/01/04 08:28 AM Posted 19/01/04 08:28 AM that's tighter than most modern shopping centre carparks!! Mate I wouldn't wanna be running late anywhere! Any opportunity for knocking a wall out?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now