Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 17d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

As nizpro had a big sale on plenums for ba/f this month I think a few people will be in the same boat as me. I couldn't justify spending 300 on the fitting kit when most of it was easy to come by cheap except for the thermostat housing (which they will not sell seperatly). After a lot of hunting around for another option I nearly bought a Aeroflow universal swivel type and just would of had to tap in a barb for the reservoir I came across older fords that appeared to have the same bolt spacing. Anyway after several different repco's and supercheap's I found that the housing off a ea/eb will fit and its at a right angle to a ba housing so it's well out of the way. The resevoir barb remains in the same place and the eb top hose also fits up nicely also.

Hope this helps someone

Jay,

  • Like 1
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Good info mate, thanks for sharing. My nizzer housing has leaked since day dot so will look into this as a solution.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 17d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Oh really maybe the cast or maching is a bit out. Not good.

I'm half way through smoothing and polishing eb housing to match my polished lower housing. Hopefully it will look nice once everything is back together

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I have literally glued my thermostat into the housing and the furker still leaks. Have refaced by hand and also with a mill.................you guess it...............it still leaks!

Loose, got any pics?

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 17d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Haha that sucks.

Nah I put it together for a test fit then took it back off for sanding. Once it's finished and back on I will take some pics and put them up. Or I could chuck up a half finished pic tomorrow

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 17d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Kilkenny, got it for $25 at repco cannington. Got 20% off for having a rac card wasn't complaining

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 17d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

There's a quick pic of everything just sitting in place. I ended up changing the hose to a ef 5l bottom hose. The eb hose fit with a bit of trimming but was a bit to kinked for my liking. The ef hose needed some slight trimming also.

post-15550-0-49001100-1374753254_thumb.j

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

looks like it works well. What finish is on the plenum.

If you need the cast throttle body adapter its $80.

Edited by arronm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...