Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 4m 8d
Posted

Hey all,

I just got my BA xr6 turbo on Monday and everything is so far so good with it until earlier this evening. I went for a drive up to the shops (temp when I switched it off was around quarter) when I returned to my car I turned it on to warm up while I put the shopping in the boot etc etc. While doing this my revs did a very sudden drop (not sure what to just heard the drop) So I let it warm up and drove off was cruising home and half way through a round about the car stalled so I put it into park started it up again and the revs died right down and stalled, mananged to get it driving and when I got to my drive way as the revs lowered when coming to a stop the car stalled again.

I contacted the guy who I bought the car off asking him how new the battery is and he told me it was brand new.

Was just hoping someone could maybe give me an idea on what it could be I've always owned motorcycles so don't know too much about the mechanical side of cars.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Justin :)

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Penrith
Posted

try cleaning the throttle body.

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 9m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

It might be obvious but If the engine managment light is on, you will get a fault code.

If not, remove the cross over and check for any splits in all the rubber connections. Then - Clean the throttle body with some carby cleaner and a lint free rag - but go easy on the throttle blade and don't score or mark it by using metal blades / screwdrivers to lift it up. You don't have to remove the throttle body to do this ( the budget approach). It is actually quite amazing just how that can help. Missus has a territory and it was idling like a bag full of beer fa*ts. The blade was not that dirty but the clean up fixed it.

Hope it helps.

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 4m 8d
Posted

Cheers for all your help guys.

Took it to a ford specialist recommended to me and they hooked it up and checked it out. Ended up being the throttle body/TPS so I've got a throttle body from a BF on it so that's fixed :) only to find out it's over boosting :(

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 4m 8d
Posted

Yeah that's it mate, The guys at CMS are really good nice and friendly and really looked after me with me being a turbo newbie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...