Cashmans4 New Member 12 Member For: 13y 7m 25d Gender: Male Posted 02/04/13 07:13 AM Posted 02/04/13 07:13 AM I have an 09 G6E turbo and ive noticed when driving, the tacho moves up and down (about 100rpm) when staying at a constant speed.it can be felt and is quite annoying, just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem or know why its doing it.
gsd112 Legacy Donating Member 605 Member For: 16y 23d Gender: Male Location: Penrith Posted 02/04/13 08:36 AM Posted 02/04/13 08:36 AM Check your overflow bottle to see if its like a milkshake. A guy I know had the same issue but it was worse it was jumping around quite a bit and his ZF heat exchanger had failed.I hope its not....
Cashmans4 New Member 12 Member For: 13y 7m 25d Gender: Male Posted 02/04/13 10:01 AM Author Posted 02/04/13 10:01 AM ive checked the overflow bottle, that's all good. I was thinking it might be something with the ecu?
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 02/04/13 10:17 AM Posted 02/04/13 10:17 AM Is it moving and then staying steady or constantly hunting around? It could be the torque converter locking up if the former...but if it's the later I'd get it looked at ASAP.
Cashmans4 New Member 12 Member For: 13y 7m 25d Gender: Male Posted 02/04/13 10:23 AM Author Posted 02/04/13 10:23 AM yeah its constantly doing it
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 1d Gender: Male Posted 02/04/13 11:26 AM Posted 02/04/13 11:26 AM Check trans fluid for contamination
Cashmans4 New Member 12 Member For: 13y 7m 25d Gender: Male Posted 03/04/13 09:09 AM Author Posted 03/04/13 09:09 AM ive taken the car for a full run tonight, only does it under 3000rpm, in any gear and also in neutral
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 1d Gender: Male Posted 03/04/13 09:17 AM Posted 03/04/13 09:17 AM Get it checked at ford or any workshop (if not in warranty) that has a scan tool that can read converter lockup solenoid pid, if its contaminated youl see the solenoid switching on and off while driving
Stigmata Legacy Donating Member 235 Member For: 13y 8m 15d Gender: Male Posted 14/04/13 11:45 AM Posted 14/04/13 11:45 AM Hey bud, mine does it aswell. The mrs B4 Scuby also does exactly the same thing. If you put a boost gauge on it you will find the boost will rise and fall with the tacho. I have put it down to the wastegate solenoid running on low duty cycle on light loads, its kinda annoying but doesnt bother me much. I wouldnt worry too much. I will ask my mate 2moz for ya, he has been a service adviser at Ford for over 20 years.Kind regards Jon
Cashmans4 New Member 12 Member For: 13y 7m 25d Gender: Male Posted 16/04/13 07:14 AM Author Posted 16/04/13 07:14 AM Thanks Jon, I have it booked in at ford tomorrow to get it checked out, I'll let them know about the wastegate solenoid. like you said nothing really to worry about, its just annoying. I'll let you know the outcome.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now