falcon6 Member 8 Member For: 18y 1m 23d Posted 24/03/13 05:46 AM Posted 24/03/13 05:46 AM hey guys, first time posting so see how this goes. I have just purchased a process west stage 1 stepped cooler for a fg xr6t. what I was wondering was the if I fit it will I need to retune straight away? I have done air filter, exhaust and tune. will I have any problems if I bolt it straight on with out tuneing?has anyone upgraded their coolers after a tune and had any problems?cheers
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 24/03/13 05:47 AM Posted 24/03/13 05:47 AM Yes If uve had one tune u will need another one after each mod
falcon6 Member 8 Member For: 18y 1m 23d Posted 24/03/13 05:50 AM Author Posted 24/03/13 05:50 AM cheers j@snot.so best not fitting and driving around for a bit? well untill im ready for retune. what effects will this have?
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 24/03/13 05:52 AM Posted 24/03/13 05:52 AM A higher flowing cooler will overboost with a custom tune If it was stock tune u could of got away with it Fit it before u go in for a re tune but keep it off boost Easy
falcon6 Member 8 Member For: 18y 1m 23d Posted 24/03/13 05:55 AM Author Posted 24/03/13 05:55 AM ok sounds good. thanks heaps for the help!!!
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/03/13 05:58 AM Posted 24/03/13 05:58 AM shoulda chucked the cooler on before the tunesorta pointless now. lolgrab some more go fast bits then go for another tune
falcon6 Member 8 Member For: 18y 1m 23d Posted 24/03/13 06:09 AM Author Posted 24/03/13 06:09 AM yeah that would have been the best way. got it tuned a while ago. n only just got the cooler today. was thinking injectors too an book in a retune. should see some good figures I hope.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now