nick d Legacy Donating Member 1,594 Member For: 16y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 26/02/13 11:53 PM Posted 26/02/13 11:53 PM My opinion .... and not to offend either. I would be get a professional to do it, safe insurance. If you can afford mods you can afford to get someone to do it.
maiseyF6 Member 19 Member For: 13y 11m 13d Posted 27/02/13 09:32 AM Author Posted 27/02/13 09:32 AM shall definitely be doing it myself, a good learning curve aswell. once I know how to do it properly myself then I'm set, and availible to help fellow falcon owners in the future that find themselves in this situation. cheers for everyones help and please if anybody comes across a tutorial spread it around! if not ill start one myself when I do the job and post it in tutorials as somewhat of a draft, and people can add things in as they come across different problems or things to take note of in the job.and the idea of doing this job myself in to save and invest money into making it go faster. hehe :D
sct911 Member 848 Member For: 13y 11m Gender: Male Posted 27/02/13 09:48 AM Posted 27/02/13 09:48 AM just got ford service to replace all 3 diff bushes and reseal diff hat with gasket maker as it was leaking... all for $600.fixing old problem they created a new diff leak, the left shaft is leaking oil now, taking it back tomorrow and see what fraud have to say
Rootster Just a large member member Legacy Donating Member 3,125 Member For: 17y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 27/02/13 10:42 AM Posted 27/02/13 10:42 AM that's not a bad price..almost charge that much for an oil and filter change..
maiseyF6 Member 19 Member For: 13y 11m 13d Posted 27/02/13 11:31 AM Author Posted 27/02/13 11:31 AM light vehicle charge rates is just simply robbery... but that is an awesome price for that job! especially from ford too!
maiseyF6 Member 19 Member For: 13y 11m 13d Posted 27/02/13 12:02 PM Author Posted 27/02/13 12:02 PM ok so I found instructions for those who may be interested, they're kind of vague though. how do I add pdf files to posts??? 1
jas98 Member 1,053 Member For: 14y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Maryborough Qld Posted 02/03/13 10:50 AM Posted 02/03/13 10:50 AM shall definitely be doing it myself, a good learning curve aswell. once I know how to do it properly myself then I'm set, and availible to help fellow falcon owners in the future that find themselves in this situation. cheers for everyones help and please if anybody comes across a tutorial spread it around! if not ill start one myself when I do the job and post it in tutorials as somewhat of a draft, and people can add things in as they come across different problems or things to take note of in the job.and the idea of doing this job myself in to save and invest money into making it go faster. hehe :Dyeah, I did it myself as well as every other bush etc on rear end. never done anything like it, allot of cursing and swearing, took me a week but I only worked on it 2 hours a day and also did the front end at the same time. so I guess all up around 10 hours and that was going to me parants place to use me dads press.I definally lernt a sh*t loda from it, I say I wont do it again but in all honesty I had fun doing it. so id do it again if someone wanted it =done with a cost though haha
sct911 Member 848 Member For: 13y 11m Gender: Male Posted 04/03/13 03:55 AM Posted 04/03/13 03:55 AM ok so I found instructions for those who may be interested, they're kind of vague though. how do I add pdf files to posts??? could you send me the pdf
jas98 Member 1,053 Member For: 14y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Maryborough Qld Posted 04/03/13 04:06 AM Posted 04/03/13 04:06 AM the hardest part is removing the old bush's, I redid mine in rubber, the aftermarket ones would be allot easyer though
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now