The Falcon Legacy Donating Member 22 Member For: 15y 7m 28d Posted 08/05/13 04:00 AM Posted 08/05/13 04:00 AM My concern is the car being defected because of mods. Need to find out what is leagle and what is not. May be APS and their mean and green package maybe worth looking into.
Fryer of Tyres Boost Addict Member 198 Member For: 18y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Belcompton Posted 08/05/13 06:00 AM Posted 08/05/13 06:00 AM Falcon - if you're worried about being defected, go and speak with an engineer before you mod your car. I have spoken with Ray Spence from Canberra Motor Works in Mitchell and in my discussions with him, he has advised that in most instances if the vehicle can pass an emissions test (the closest testing facility is in Penrith), than the vehicle would be engineerable. (Things like intercoolers with plumbed back BOVs can be listed as being aesthetic mods.) Upgrading your turbo and/ or exhaust can be a little bit more problematic, with noise and emissions restrictions. If you don't wish to engineer your vehicle, the best advice I can provide is to ensure your vehicle is not TOO LOW or TOO LOUD. These two things alone will ensure unwanted attention from the popo and local RTA inspectors.
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 11d Posted 08/05/13 06:08 AM Posted 08/05/13 06:08 AM ^^ sh*t Fryer I already have too low and too loud and it standard lol.
Fryer of Tyres Boost Addict Member 198 Member For: 18y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Belcompton Posted 08/05/13 10:47 PM Posted 08/05/13 10:47 PM Jono, while I will admit your car has some tuckage, it is far from being sacked on its gutz !!!
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 11d Posted 08/05/13 11:51 PM Posted 08/05/13 11:51 PM I agree, its not fully sick vz Late model camira low but low enough to cop a canary. Mitch got done for too low a couple of days ago and we're about the same height
The Falcon Legacy Donating Member 22 Member For: 15y 7m 28d Posted 09/05/13 05:38 AM Posted 09/05/13 05:38 AM Thanks, I am in NSW so I need to get an inspection done each year. I think I will speak with the guy doing the inspection and see what he will pass and what he wont. This seems to vary between places that do inspections.
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 11d Posted 09/05/13 09:28 AM Posted 09/05/13 09:28 AM ^^ I didn't even think about asking the guy who does my pink slip what he thinks of the mods lol. I'll get regoed just before the tune so I'll get away with it for a year and then valet tune it for the pink slip
Fryer of Tyres Boost Addict Member 198 Member For: 18y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Belcompton Posted 18/05/13 09:10 AM Posted 18/05/13 09:10 AM I'll just leave this here:https://www.facebook.com/ExtremeStreetPerformance 1
Bulletime Legacy Donating Member 937 Member For: 15y 8m 21d Gender: Male Posted 18/05/13 09:29 AM Posted 18/05/13 09:29 AM brought to us by our friendly local ESP Racing rep very nice!
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 11d Posted 19/05/13 07:09 AM Posted 19/05/13 07:09 AM Haha.I heard you get a free pingtune with every facebook page share, is this true Fryer? hahaha 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now