Cameron02 Member 164 Member For: 13y 9m 21d Posted 06/02/13 09:15 AM Posted 06/02/13 09:15 AM Hello good people,With a bit of luck a diagram of what I am attempting is attached.I am installing a spray system for my intercooler. Which should be simple enough except that To make it switch on and off the way I want is making for some complicated wiring (complicated for me anyway).Diagram explanationLatch Switch = Press the switch to turn it on, it stays on until you press it againMomentary switch = Press it and its on, release it and it goes off.Pressure switch = Connect to manifold vacumme and it will activate when the boost reaches the desired PSIC = commonNO = normally open (off)NC = normally closed (on)+ and - on the switches are for switch lights.What I want to happen:The system is off.Press the latch switch to activate the system (latch switch light comes on),The pressure switch will now activate the pump if the desired PSI is reached (when the pressure switch is on the momentary switch will light up). The momentary switch can now also be used (waiting at the lights for example). The momentary switch will acivate the pump and the switch will light up.So will it work the way I have it wired? If I have stuffed it up, is it possible to get what I want?I am also installing 3 gauges in the tissuse box area (along with the switches) and will post pics when finished
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/02/13 12:10 PM Posted 06/02/13 12:10 PM You have made it more complicated than it needs to be, just use the mom switch to bridge the pressure switch when pressed. Ie wire it across the pressure switch terminals As per dodgy pic
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 06/02/13 08:32 PM Posted 06/02/13 08:32 PM U guys rock
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/02/13 10:34 PM Posted 06/02/13 10:34 PM Are you sure the pressure switch will handle the current draw of the pump? You may need to use a relay to switch the pump.
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 06/02/13 10:51 PM Posted 06/02/13 10:51 PM ^^^ I would do this ^^^
Cameron02 Member 164 Member For: 13y 9m 21d Posted 07/02/13 01:20 AM Author Posted 07/02/13 01:20 AM Many thanks,You are probably correct about the switch not handling the current, the pins look pretty thin. Whilst I have heard of relays, I dont really know how they work so I guess I'll hit you tube
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/02/13 01:35 AM Posted 07/02/13 01:35 AM A relay is just a switch that is capable of carrying a higher current load. Instead of a mechanical actuation it is actuated be an electrical signal.The wiring will be as above, but the pump power feed will go directly from the battery to the high current side of the relay then to the pump and the pump earth will return to the battery (or a suitable earth) your latching/mom/press switches will all switch the signal side of the relay.As per dodgy drawing V2relay.pdf 1
HYPEDF6 Legacy Donating Member 301 Member For: 13y 9m 22d Gender: Male Posted 07/02/13 01:37 AM Posted 07/02/13 01:37 AM Lol I love ralphys drawings.OrJust love his draws.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/02/13 01:40 AM Posted 07/02/13 01:40 AM did you or did you not need one of my high class technical diagrams to sort our your catch can setup????(if you post that drawing I will ban you)
BigAl's04 Special needs member. Legacy Donating Member 690 Member For: 16y 25d Gender: Male Location: gold coast Posted 07/02/13 01:41 AM Posted 07/02/13 01:41 AM Pics of ........... Drawing?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now