Replacement Turbo?

air555

• Member For: 11y 8m 15d

Hi guys my turbo is shagged/ noisy bearings and am looking at a replacement, now I know ideally I would put in a new garret core but finances won't allow that and the car has $200000k on it so may not be worth it, any way I have found a cheaper gt3582 copy and was wondering if that would bolt straight up, been searching for the gt3540 specs and haven't had any luck finding them to compare, this is where you guys come in with your plethora of knowledge, the specs on the one I'm looking at are as follows trim 56, t3 flange, ex 82, Ind 61.4, ar70. Will this fit up and if so what sought of modifications would I have to do? And would retune be required? Any input would be muchly appreciated.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 30d

what model car you got? .7ar front will not plumb straight in regardless, mods will be required. Word of advice do not buy COPY anything, get genuine or you will regret it. Save the $$ for longer and get the real deal.

• Member For: 11y 8m 15d

I have an 03 ba,I understand it's not ideal to go copy, but trying not to put much cash into this car as I'm not sure how long I'll keep it. Will call the wreckers now, I'm in Melbourne so could pick it up.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 2d

Not that it means much to you but I have dealt a lot with ftg and probably the least dodgy wreckers I've ever dealt with $850-1000 is quiet reasonable for a 2nd hand turbo they should give you some sort of warranty also, I had warranty through them for some parts and they honored no problems at all

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9d

I had a bad experience with brakes from FTG. They apparently sold me FG ones and they turned out to be BA-BF brembo's after weeks of non returned phone calls then I sent them back at my own cost and it took another few weeks to get back to them and they tried telling me I had cut them. After about 2-3 months I finally got my money back. So just be careful when you deal with them!