Wtf Is This Rattle. It Sounds Luke A Mecklenburg Truck Idling.

a2z

• Member For: 10y 9m 5d

I just recently had the same problem, was told it could be the thrust bearing or neutral rollover noise but only to find out later that it was those bolts. I wasn't driving it at the time but one of the bolts had snapped. Luckily my brother that was driving it is a mechanic so he fixed it

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 6m 12d

I'm getting a wried as sound too like this...but in a auto...after 122,000km but only just recently got a tune and 400rwhp.. had a very good hard drive of it the weekend before and its a rattle on idle but as soon any revs or power applied it goes away...drives fine...I'm thinking flex plate/ fly wheel bolts loose...is it a big job...(the biggest thing I've done on this so far is turbo off) (I've done engines out and in on smaller cars and that)..also thinking should I do my engine out oil pump/ head studs/ valve spring upgrade now....in one hit... sorry hijack....

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 11m

Most likely flex plate bolts loose.

I got new OEM flex plate then spring washers on bolts and locktight compound installed on mine and hasn't missed a beat since.

As you can see many people here recommend Pitlane, so that should be your first stop.

Edited by Z2TT
  • Like 1