KPM Motorsport Member 968 Member For: 20y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: 2 Dunorlan Road Edwardstown S.A. 08 82999998 Posted 27/01/13 11:08 PM Posted 27/01/13 11:08 PM (edited) I am at the stage now where I am a little over the external fuel system smell so looking at a few options and a bit of feedback on the Options I have for myself. My current setup is as follows:-Process West Twin pump Surge - Bosch 044 x 2Braided Stainless -6 Lines (non-teflon)Twin Entry Fuel railFPR1200 Turbo Smart RegulatorStandard intank lift pumpOption1:Redo all the fuel lines to Teflon 100 series -6 connections including,making new fuel lines for all rubber connection back to the tank to allow for E85 on a regular basis (Returns and feeds). Also have injectors cleaned.Option 2:Ditch the Twin pump 044 setup and lines including reg, twin entry fuel rail.Deploy the KPM intank solution 460 Walbro (not the 1000hp) and re-mount the factory rail with uprated regulator upgrade and new lines to support E85 use. Have injectors cleaned alsoMy main thinking is to simplify my fuel setup and of course drop the smell and noise. I understand I would need the AFR's checked to ensure its safe. My main concern is I have an E85 tune as well as a 98 tune and I want to make sure the 460 solution will cater for both tunes and fuel flow.We would be happy to offer you a trade in offer for a replacement Streetfighter twin intank fuel system.This would give a great opportunity for both KPM and yourself to offer the forum members some independent feedback on the differences advantages/disadvatages of both the external fuel system against the KPM Streetfighter Twin in tank system. Contact me if interested.08 82999 998 Edited 27/01/13 11:26 PM by KPM Motorsport 1
unclewal Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 16y 10d Posted 03/02/13 11:16 AM Author Posted 03/02/13 11:16 AM You sir shall be getting a call tomorrow !
unclewal Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 16y 10d Posted 22/03/13 02:21 AM Author Posted 22/03/13 02:21 AM Ok so slight change of plans, I ended up keeping the existing PW twin pump setup I had and just making all new PTFE -6 lines. All up it cost me $280 not including all new aluminuim spanners (adjustable), the vice jaws and the shears that will cut your damn hand off should you get it in the way.Consisted of all new 200 series ptfe fittings with olives, braided stainless line with black nylon weave cover. The smell of fuel has completely gone which I am well impressed with. I had a few minor changes I needed to make as Aero Flow fittings are slightly longer than the MSCN fittings but nothing major. I am still yet to redo all the rubber lines with Greensheild E85 compliant lines but that will happen after next pay day. Just thought I would update all those that were interested I purchased all this gear from Rocket Industries (cash sale) I simply emailed them a list of what I needed they responded with a quote and then I picked them up the following Saturday. Took me about 4 hours with stuffing around with the fittings not being as tight a radius as the last fittings, but I worked it all out. These PTFE fittings are pretty easy to make up and fit if you have the right tools and follow the instrucitons. All in all a happy camper and no more fuel smell.
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 30d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 22/03/13 02:46 AM Posted 22/03/13 02:46 AM Ummm needs piks asap
unclewal Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 16y 10d Posted 22/03/13 03:05 AM Author Posted 22/03/13 03:05 AM Will do tomorrow at the office and I wont be home in daylight hours to get decent photos.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now