Fg Sedan Questions!

jacobmitchell92

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 17d

G'day guys,

Iv got a set of Rockford Fosgate Power speakers/tweeters and I'm planning on throwing them in my FG Turbo. First question have many of you used the Line Converters with similar high end speakers? Or do you recommend using a Processor for them? At the moment I'll be just running two basic 12 inch pioneer subs and haven't got any idea of what to put in the rear and wether or not to run them through a Amp or just the ICC

Thanks,

Jacob

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 11d

a processor will sound better but plenty use a line convertor off the rear speakers...

• Member For: 11y 5m 2d

Nope. But post results.

Have two, dual 4ohm 400rms Rockford punch series subs I'm building a fibreglass sub box for (to fit between the right wheel well and tail light) and as the money comes in will be adding Rockford power splits up front, and coaxials in the rear, along with amps.

Do not want an aftermarket head unit (though I know how much cheaper/easier/better this would be) so curious to see how you go

• Member For: 12y 3m 19d

I've installed the Audiocontrol LC6i in my car running JL Audio splits in the front, JL Audio 2 ways in the rear and 2 Kicker comp VR subs.

Does a fantastic job and very happy with it. You basically connect the speaker outputs (front and rear) from the ICC to the Audiocontrol box and it turns it in to 6 channels ( so Front, Rear and Sub)

Any questions, just ask

Link below

http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/17612/222456/OEM-Integration/Line-Output-Converter----LC6i.html

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 11d

alpine pxe-h660

takes all the 'ford mucked around with enhancement' signals and analyses them through 128 channels of equalization and sends the signals out the other side FLAT. and does it all in real time.

that way YOU get to set the levels as you like them, not as the ford (stupid) programming does.

the lc6i is basically a glorified line converter... no offence to any one who has one, they do serve a purpose.

Edited by Panda Eyes
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 5m 21d

alpine Pxa h800 is the way to go I got that in my ford g6e running focal splits back and front and 2 alpine type r subs sounds like a dream :)

how much would a professional install be? Alpine Type X overkill on a fg turbo?

• Member For: 11y 8m 1d

it all depends on what u want to spend for the money your going to spend on type x u can get nice pair of focal witch sound much better
if u you live in melb come and take a listen to my car so u can get idea how focal sound u will love them
if your going to get everything instaled and tuned it will be about 350 plus all the wires that's how much the shop I use to work at charged
tbh its not really hard to do the work u can deff do it your self :)
type x subs are crazy but
pxa h800 instaled pro is about 1000 takes about 3 hours to tune it
any other question inbox me :)

• Member For: 11y 6m 20d

I'm currently in the process of putting a system into mky FG. To start with I will be using old MB Quart Discuss splits in the front doors factory ford rear speakers 2 x Rockford amps and 2 x rockford punch Subs. This will all be controlled by a Rockford 3 sixty processor and then as money becomes available I will move the MB quarts to the rear doors add German Maestro splits to the front, update to a rockford 5 channel and get some higher powered Rockford subs.

Not sure on box design yet but I think I might go with either a perspex box behind the seats and the amps in the spare wheel well, or just build fibreglass boxes on either quarter.