Coop450 Member 144 Member For: 14y 4m 4d Posted 03/12/12 10:49 AM Posted 03/12/12 10:49 AM I just picked up a set of 4 xr6 17inch wheels that have Falken Azenis RT615 tyres fitted, my question is will these be ok for the drags. My car normally runs 20inch dark agents, will the Azenis offer a better grip level once the car is tuned. Not looking at anything over 300rwkw.
The Converted Legacy Donating Member 344 Member For: 15y 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/12/12 11:07 AM Posted 03/12/12 11:07 AM I think you'll find that the extra sidewall in a 17" tyre will offer more grip than your 20's regardless. I find that my 245/45/17 Autogrip (Cheap Thai tyre) on Territory stealies grip almost as well as my 275/30/19 Nitto Invos.
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 04/12/12 06:56 AM Posted 04/12/12 06:56 AM The RT615's are ok but not an amazing tyre. Just make sure you get some heat into them before getting up to the line. When they wear out then get yourself some MT ET Streets, they are very good for drags.Benny. 1
Coop450 Member 144 Member For: 14y 4m 4d Posted 04/12/12 08:44 AM Author Posted 04/12/12 08:44 AM Picked up the wheels and tyres this afternoon. There is good tread left on the tyres but I am worried as the rubber seems quite hard. Is this normal? I am worried that I will get to the track tomorrow night and these will have no grip at all. Remember that my car has no LSD and this is what worries me.
fordom Member 145 Member For: 16y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 04/12/12 08:50 AM Posted 04/12/12 08:50 AM throw them on now and see how they grip?
Coop450 Member 144 Member For: 14y 4m 4d Posted 04/12/12 09:09 AM Author Posted 04/12/12 09:09 AM Car isn't getting tuned till tomorrow morning. I think they will grip ok now as the car is stock, but as of tomorrow car will have Venom cat, injectors and tune.
Coop450 Member 144 Member For: 14y 4m 4d Posted 04/12/12 09:11 AM Author Posted 04/12/12 09:11 AM Has anyone else used these tires at the drags before? And if so how did they go?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now