cjsxrt Legacy Donating Member 145 Member For: 17y 9m 18d Posted 27/11/12 09:18 AM Posted 27/11/12 09:18 AM I had mine for 8 months then it let go. Lets say I changed tires and size
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 27/11/12 09:48 AM Posted 27/11/12 09:48 AM ^ Appropriate lol. What tyre pressures were you running? Could this be a factor in the tyre wall getting damaged. Given the achilles have a high treadwear gets me a bit worried that the longer you have the tyres on the more chance of stuff like this happening..Is there any sort of warranty for things like this?When I was in the govy I had a Subaru liberty wagon.. Happened to me quite a bit hitting decent bumps in the road running Bridgestone tyres.. They were replaced under warranty by the tyre shop though.. They kept saying 'bad batch'..The bumps were usually concrete flood ways where the approach had sunk a bit..
jimmixr Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 1m 12d Posted 27/11/12 10:20 AM Posted 27/11/12 10:20 AM Ive seen this happen plenty of times and even on higher end tyres. What weve found is that sometimes its the tyre fitters fault. They stretch the sidewall way too much trying to get them on the rim.Especially if theyre trying their damned hardest not to scratch your fancy rims. Basically fractures the sidewall belts. Then this becomes a weak spot. After some K's the tyre will start to fall apart. Dont let them make you believe its your fault.
A300srt8 Member 507 Member For: 21y 9m 5d Posted 27/11/12 10:26 AM Posted 27/11/12 10:26 AM Cheap tyres you get what you pay for
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 12d Posted 27/11/12 10:30 AM Posted 27/11/12 10:30 AM I'm putting money on under inflated tyres. Does it everytime. It heats the side wall up and any camber just puts too much load on the side wall and delaminates it.
--Jase-- Member 66 Member For: 14y 1m 1d Posted 27/11/12 11:41 AM Posted 27/11/12 11:41 AM Considering you were driving around with a giant split in your tyre and didn't notice. I'm gunna say that your tyres were under inflated causing the damage..I've had it happen to me..Achilles make descent tires.. Lots of the guys that drift competatively run them.. And 123's are the tire of choice for the top level guys (that win) because they last for ages and stick like glue.. 1
absolutely Member 8 Member For: 13y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/11/12 08:00 AM Author Posted 28/11/12 08:00 AM wat the feck!!! does that go right thru?Straight through to the sidewall belt! I'm putting money on under inflated tyres. Does it everytime. It heats the side wall up and any camber just puts too much load on the side wall and delaminates it.When I picked the car up (3-4 weeks ago) I went straight to the servo because the tyres didn't look great. They only had 29-30psi in them, not sure how long he was running them at that pressure but I am convinced that's when the damage was done. I was told that they should be running 40psi minimum!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now